Status: last chapter has been posted; xoxo

Battling the Loss You Live For.

Departure.

Frank’s Point of View
The last week of my visit went quickly.
Too quickly.
We made the most of it, I suppose. We didn’t count the days we had left together, shunning it from our minds. Doing that, however, was like a double-sided blade. The day crept up on you like an ass, and because of that, it made you know you were keeping it out. It was depressing.
“Please, babe. I want to come to the airport with you, at least,” Sazzy whimpered, her eyes welling up slightly as I trudged down the stairs, a black duffle bag in my hand. I walked into the living room where she sat, kneeling in front of her. I dropped the bag on the side, taking her hands in mine.
“You can’t. It’s just going to cause… even more pain. It’ll be like killing you twice.”
She let out a sob, her eyes squeezing shut as tears slid down her cheeks. I wiped them away quickly, almost mechanically, not letting myself feel anything. I had to do what she tried before, and be strong. I leant up on my knees, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into my chest.
“B-but Frank, I r-really… I-”
“Shh,” I hummed, stroking her black hair – she’d dyed the blue out a few days ago.
“C’mon. It’ll be fine, babe,” I murmured into her ear, kissing the top of her head.
“P-promise?”
“I promise. Now c’mon, stop crying. It kills me when you cry,” I said, stroking her hair again, pulling her away slightly, my hands on her cheeks. I couldn’t cry – I promised myself I wouldn’t.
I kissed her lips softly, moaning quietly as I felt her fingers latch into my hair. I felt her smile. I pulled away again, her tears subsided.
“Call me. And say… say hi to your parents for me,” she said, a small, sad smile on her lips. I nodded, standing up and picking my bag up again, kissing her again.
“I’ll miss you,” she whispered, her hand running down the side of my face.
“…I love you.”
She smiled a little, her eyes brightening. She stood up, letting my arms wind around her, as hers wrapped around my waist, pulling her close to me.
“I love you too,” she said, kissing me on the cheek.
I pulled away, smiled at her, and then kissed her for the final time.
“Bye, Sazzy.”
“Frank.”
And I left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m am so ahead on the chapters for this, because I figured, while I’m on a writing roll, I’ll get some chapters done quick so I can concentrate on my exams. And it actually worked, because I have up to chapter 34 written up. So, yay!
Comments?