Status: last chapter has been posted; xoxo

Battling the Loss You Live For.

Downstairs.

When I went downstairs, my hair damp and in a messy bun after my shower and dressed in a pair of baggy grey Nike track bottoms and a really old and ripped up Black Flag shirt, Katie had been right. I could smell a mix of cigarettes and Lynx, and it was quite nice, but weird. It was too manly, I guess.
“Sazzy? Is that you?” I heard Charley call from the kitchen, his voice strained.
“Yeah…” I replied, wandering into the kitchen. When I pushed open the door, I didn’t expect to see what I saw.
Charley was lent across the sink, his face distraught and confused, but the glimmer in his eyes told me he was excited – happy, even. A cigarette was pinched in between his thumb and forefinger, emitting the smoke that swirled up and around the room. Sydney was stood next to him, dressed in a pair of old ripped jeans and a plain white top. A hand was jammed into her back pocket, and she wore a lazy smile across her face. Katie was on the other side of the room, sat on the worktop. Her eyes were sparkling, showing how excited she was. Her hair was flung over one shoulder, her hands placed on the worktop next to her folded legs.
And then, sat at the table, was a back to me. His black hair was spiked up at the back, and he was hunched over the table, tapping ash from his cigarette into the ashtray sat in front of him. His hands were sickly white and fingers were slender, his veins visible on the back of his hand. He wore a pair of light blue jeans that were ripped at the knees, along with a denim jacket with a black hood pulled up from the hoodie he was wearing underneath, so it could be used. I heard him sigh.
“Tell her to hurry up,” he muttered. Sydney giggled, and he looked up at her. She just smiled widely. He sighed again.
“Are you sure she hasn’t gone out? God, I need a spliff,” he mumbled incoherently. I smiled, not making a sound. But he turned around, his mouth open, about to say something. But then his mouth turned up into a smile, those hazel eyes I loved so much dazzling me. I opened my mouth, the name barely escaping my throat.
“Frank.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Some kind of torture, I love.

You may like this.