‹ Prequel: Moving On
Sequel: My Immortal

It's Not Over

Chapter 16

Jo ran a hand through her hair as they walked in. “What the hell did you do to everyone?” Brian asked. Sam just went and laid in bed next to Jo.

“Brian, I need you to take care of everyone,” Jo said.

“Why would I need to take care of anyone?” He sat in the chair.

“I’m not going to be around,” Jo said.

“You’re taking a trip?” He asked.

“You could say that,” Jo laughed.

“Stop laughing,” Sam’s voice was small. A tear escaped her eyes, she wiped it away.

“Ok, someone needs to explain,” Brian hated to see Sam cry.

“I’m dying,” Jo said it so simply he as in shock, a cold shower did that to him.

“WHAT?” His voice rose.

“I’m dying,” Jo repeated herself.

“How?”He asked.

“A virus is causing organ failure,” Sam spoke in a robot voice.

“Transplants?” Brian said.

“Too late,” Jo said.

“There must be something,” Brian was searching his brain for a better answer.

“Be ready for it?” Jo said.

“I can’t do that,” Sam said, Jo patted her back.

“I know babe, but you have to.” Jo took a deep breath.

“Brian I need you to take care of Sam, I need you to snap everyone out of the idiotic mind set their going to go in, you’re the only one that can do that. But above all I need you to take care of Zacky, I don’t remember what happened between us, but I love him with all my heart, I realize that and I need to know he’s going to be ok.” Brian looked up at her as she spoke. Jo’s eyes were filled with tears.

“I will, I promise,” Brian said.

“Thank you,” Jo nodded at him.

“Do you need anything else?” Brian asked.

“No, everything is taken care of,” Jo said with a smile.

“Ok,” Brian stood up he needed air, Sam was sobbing quietly. “Come Sam let’s get some air,” Brian said kissing Jo on the cheek, and taking Sam’s hand. She staggered against him as they left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is a bit shorter because Sam already knows everything.
Part 4
♥ ♥ ♥