‹ Prequel: Moving On
Sequel: My Immortal

It's Not Over

Chapter 19

Jimmy’s POV

We were all dressed in black, two days ago we had drank every drop of liqueur we could find in the apartment and let me tell you it was a lot. I had to drag Zacky into the bathroom and make him take a shower. All life was gone from him.

Sam had gone with Vlad to the cemetery; we were all left behind at the apartment. I walked into the living room. These were my best friends and I couldn’t stand the fact that they were so broken.

There was no church service, Jo had requested that. She had requested a lot of things, that no one see her dead. It was a valid request she was always full of life. Seeing her dead would of thrown Zacky over the edge we all knew that. He was barely hanging on.

“Let’s go,” I said. Matt nodded. We had rented a van to drive us to the cemetery, it wasn’t really far from where we were, it was close to where Jo had used to live. In her old house she could see the cemetery from her bedroom window.

We all pilled into the car. Beaking Benjamin came on but I was sitting in the back and could not change the song, everyone else was in a trance.

Here I stand, helpless and left for dead.

Close your eyes, so many days go by.
Easy to find what's wrong, harder to find what's right.

I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies.

I won't stay long, in this world so wrong.

[Chorus:]
Say goodbye, as we dance with the devil tonight.
Don't you dare look at him in the eye, as we dance with the devil tonight?

Trembling, crawling across my skin.
Feeling your cold dead eyes, stealing the life of mine.

I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies.

I won't last long, in this world so wrong.

[Chorus]

Hold on. Hold on.

[Chorus]

Hold on. Hold on.

Goodbye


We reached the cemetery and we all pilled out. Everyone was looking at us, we were all wearing sunglasses except for Matt, I stood between him and Brian. Zacky on the other side of Matt with Johnny by his side.

Matt had wanted everything to be perfect down to a T. There were so many people there, and most of them didn’t even know her. It was getting me angry.

Brian placed his arm around me as we got closer, “Calm down,” he whispered in my ear.

“I can’t , they don’t even know her,” I hissed between my teeth.

Matt took the stand and started to speak.

“We are gathered here to say goodbye. To our best friend. Joana Soiman.” His voice broke and Sam jumped to his aid telling him to sit down in her seat next to Vlad.

Sam showed so much strength after the initial break down she was a rock, no one knew where she got the strength from. I cleared my throat.

“We loved Jo, we still do. There’s many of us here who didn’t know that well, but knew her a long time ago, when things were easy. I’m going to miss her, she made me realize what is important in life. The family you choose to have. We were all her family,” Sam finished saying and a blond woman took the stand.

“I had not talked to Jo in a very long time. But I still thought about her once in a while and I’d send her an email and she’s email me back. I miss the fact that I couldn’t go to her for advice. She was always there when I needed her. When she used to call me Lala because she was too lazy to say my full name. I just wanted to tell you I’ll miss you, even though we weren’t close you’re still my best friend.” That’s when Sam went and hugged her. They cried in each other’s arms.

I nudged Zacky to say something but he chose not too, Johnny was crying to much to think anything let alone form words. So I stepped up. “Funny how I’m the rev so I feel like saying something godly about Jo but I can’t she didn’t believe in an afterlife she didn’t care to think about what was to come ‘I’ll deal with it when it comes’ she used to say. No matter what it was. So she deal with death when it came.”

I took a deep breath and continued, “ I’ll miss her, she was my best friend. I was too hyper she’d bring me down or become just as hyper as me, she shared her book with me before the rest of the world saw it. She was important even when she didn’t want to be and she didn’t choose. I was her biggest fan.”

“It seems that now everyone is gathered to say good bye. But how many of you are here because you feel like it’s your duty? She asked me to not let anyone cry, she doesn’t want tears, especially fake tears. She loved life, so you, all of you need to love life without her. It’s hard but it needs to be done. “

“I’ll always remember you, you’ll be in my heart forever, you’ve changed all of us in ways we didn’t know we could, or should change. For the short year we knew you, you became our life long lost sister from a different mother,” I threw on the casket the white lily I had been given.

Everyone followed suit, then in the mist of all the white lily’s I caught a glimpse of a fire red lily. I looked up and saw a woman with a hood and big glasses drop it. She looked up at me and saw me staring, she gave me a weak smile then I saw tears slide down he cheeks. The smile was a smile of thanks, for a second I thought I recognized her abut a whips of blond hair got into her eye and Sam caught my attention.

“This is Lauren, we all went to high school together,” I looked at the woman that had spoken before about Jo. Then when I looked after the Fire Lily she was gone in the crowd.

“Nice to meet you,” I turned back to Lauren. She gave me a shy smile, and I swear my heart did a flip.
♠ ♠ ♠
~The END~

I'm bawling my eyes out like an idiot.
God I hate myself right now, like Sam said I did this to myself.

Thanks for the comments.
Sam you can't kill me.
scorpianram99
Adie Vixen

~So it's not over there is a third one coming out~

XOXO
I.S.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥