‹ Prequel: Moving On
Sequel: My Immortal

It's Not Over

Chapter 9

It had been two months since the accident. Sam woke up Brian had left the night before she felt completely satisfied. There was a note under her pillow she picked it up.

Dear butt face
Good morning.
I miss you already
Bri Bri


She let out a laugh as she made her way to the bathroom and placed the note in the mirror. She brushed her teeth and got ready still laughing out loud about the note. She got into the car and made her way to the hospital.

She reached the elevator and when they opened again there was a smile on the nurse’s face. “When?” Sam asked automatically.

“Last night,” the nurse said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Sam pushed past her and went into the room. It felt like such a relief to see those brown eyes looking back at her.

Something was off; Jo was staring at her in an unfamiliar way. “Hi,” she said, shyly.

“You’re finally awake, I’ve missed you,” Sam said hugging Jo, she hesitated then wrapped her arms around her tapping Sam on the back.

Sam pulled away, then Jo took a deep breath, “I’m sorry but who are you?”

Something happened very slowly, she didn’t know what to do or say for that moment Sam was at a loss of words. “Jo?”

“They said my name is Joana,” Jo said swallowing.

The doctor came into the room. “Ms. Nantais,” he said to Sam then turned to Jo, “Hello Joana”

“Hello, doc,” Jo smiled.

“Do you mind if I take Sam away?” The Doctor asked Jo. She nodded no.

Sam walked into the hall with the doctor. “What’s happened?” Sam asked.

“It’s normal for coma patients to come out of the coma being disoriented. It just seems she has memory loss; it’s not something we can predict. But I’m sure she’ll be able to gain her memory soon,” the doctor said.

“So, what can I do?” Sam asked.

“Honestly be there for her, she feels completely alone. Maybe have some friend visit her,” the doctor said, he was about to say something else but he didn’t he got called away by the nurse. Sam just stood rooted to her spot. She took a deep breath and went back into the room.

This was the worst that could happen, but when she noticed the look on Jo’s face, she realized it might not be such a bad thing that Jo doesn’t remember lots of things. A fresh new start.

“Hi, I’m Sam,” Sam said sitting on the chair next to her bed.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Jo said smiling as big as she could.

“Nice to meet you too, ok this is weird me being here re introducing myself,” Sam said.

“You’re telling me, I don’t remember anything.” Jo said with a smile on her face.

“Hang on I have to txt someone, actually some people,” Sam said pulling out her cell phone.

“So who are you texting?” Jo asked.

“My boyfriend, and his friends,” Sam said finishing the text.

“Really are they nice?” Jo asked a little afraid.

“Yes they are, Brian is the most amazing man I’d ever met, he’s so caring and I think I’m falling in love with him,” Sam admitted out loud.

“Why do I feel like crying this is like a big deal isn’t it?” Jo asked getting confused by her emotions.

“Yes, it sort of is.” Sam said realizing that even though she didn’t remember anything she was the same old Jo.

“I’m sorry,”

“What are you apologizing for?” Sam asked.

“For not being around.”

“It’s ok, you’re back now, that’s all that matters,” Sam said when Jo extended her arms she went into them, she had needed a hug.

“Everything’s going to be fine, you’ll see, I’m always right.” Sam’s head shot up to look at Jo’s face. “Is that something I say a lot?” Jo asked.

“Yeah, and it’s true too,” Sam went to sit down on the chair.

“I have some questions,” Jo said.

“Ok,” Sam answered.

“I don’t want to know the present I want to know the past, how did we meet, so on and so forth.” Jo said taking a deep breath.

“Ok no problem.” Sam settled better in the chair.

“Am I a writer?” Jo asked.

“Well, you like to write, why do you ask?” Sam was a little bit confused.

“I’ve been writing ever since I woke up, and I can’t seem to stop. Do I know someone with green eyes?” Jo was reading off a paper.

“Yes, you do.” Sam answered amazed.

“I think I had feelings for him,”

“What sort of feelings?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know, I feel hurt and pain and happiness when I think of Green eyes,” Jo said putting a hand to push her hair back.

“Don’t push it, it will come to you.” Sam rubbed her hand.

“I have this image in my head but I can’t draw it,” Jo said.

“Describe it,” Sam asked.

“Skeleton with angel wings,” Jo said rubbing the bridge of her nose.

“Death bat,” Sam whispered.

“What?” Jo looked up.

“Death bat,” Sam repeated getting up and turning her back to her, pulling up her shirt.

“Yeah, like that but with green and yellow, oh why can’t I remember?” Jo asked her eyes brimming with tears.

“You’re remembering enough,” Sam said thinking about who had the green and yellow death bat.

“I’m sorry, I’m not a lot of fun right now,” Jo said.

“Jo I’m just glad you’re awake,” Sam said.

“Why do you call me Jo?” Jo asked.

“I don’t know, I’ve called you that for a long time,” Sam stopped to think about it.

“I kinda like it,” Jo said with a smile.

“Kinda?” Sam raised an eyebrow.

“Well it sounds like a boy,” Jo said with a laugh.

“Well you’ve put up with it for years,” Sam said matter of fact.

“Well, I don’t think so,” Jo said, “I remember when you first said it, it was a funny day cause I think I liked this guy on the football team and I was writing a note for him, and I was thinking of a name for me, you just looked at me and said Jo and I kinda I think I said no.”

“Wow,” Sam said remembering, “That’s a pretty accurate memory there.”

“I know, but it’s not important,” Jo said frustrated.

“What’s important?” Sam asked.

“Who am I missing? I miss someone that my heart beats so fast in my chest when I think of green and I can’t recall the face or the name.” Jo said breathless.

Sam just looked at her in awe. “Jo, I think you need to figure that out on your own.”

“I get that, but I want to know now,” she patted the bed in frustration.

“You never did have patience,” Sam laughed a little as the doctor came in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok well no Jo didn't wake up because of everyone's requests sorry.
She woke up because I hit writers block and I want to get this story on the road. Lol.

Um...thanks to everyone for the comments greatly appreciated.

And we all knew Jo was going to wake up two months after the accident, if you feel lost by that statement I suggest you read All Grown Up.
XOXOs
I.S.