‹ Prequel: Almost Easy

Come Back To Me

X.

Hollis twitched nervously as she stood on the front step of Zacky and Brian's house. She hadn't rung the doorbell yet and was seriously considering turning around and going back home. She had texted Zacky to tell him she was coming, just as he had asked her to, so she knew that he wouldn't be home. But the scariest thing Hollis was battling with on that step was her feelings for Brian. Last time she had seen him, everything had begun to come back and she didn't want that happening. She knew he was happy with Norelle and didn't want to fall back in love with him when there was someone else in the picture.

And so she stood like a coward in front of his door, not having the guts to ring the bell or knock. As soon as she decided that she was going to knock (which took at least five minutes) the door opened on its own.

"Were you just going to wait out on the stoop?" Brian asked with a smile as he held the door open for her to come inside. "I was watching you for a few minutes and just decided to come let you in."

Hollis swore she turned as red as a fire truck as she walked over the threshold and into the house she hadn't been in in over two years. She was surprised to find that the house, much like Zacky and Brian, hadn't changed a lot. There were a few pictures of Norelle and Brian scattered about but other than that it was the same home that Hollis remembered clearly.

“Are you going to sit down or anything, or just stand there like a weirdo?”

“Sorry. I was just…spacing out. As usual.” She said nervously, taking off her coat and hanging it by the door while taking her shoes off and putting them in the pile of shoes that sat beside the door.

“You’re being really awkward Hol, it’s just me.” Brian said, noticing her discomfort.

“I know I am. I’m sorry. It’s just…”

“It’s been awhile, I know,” He said, finishing her thought for her. “But that’s fine, we have to rekindle somehow and awkward or not it’s the best thing for us, right?”

She nodded and they both walked over to the living room and plopped down in front of the television and Brian turned it on and flicked through the channels, only to find that there was nothing on.

“We can play some G Hero” Hollis suggested, making fun of him and Zacky’s nickname for the game.

“All right. Prepare to be defeated! I only play on expert now.” He said, gloating.

“That’s pretty good, from easy to expert in two years.”

He playful punched her in the arm, “I never played on easy! Take that back!”

“Never” She said with a smirk, hitting him back. He stood up and walked to the playstation, plugging in the two wireless controllers and throwing both guitars on the couch beside Hollis.

“Which G Hero do you want to play?”

“Um…two. But we’ll probably end up switching as we play but I want to start with two.” She said as she put on the guitar and playing around with the brightly colored buttons.

“You’re going down” He said as the game started and he put on his guitar, choosing to remain standing for the game while Hollis simply sat casually on the couch as she selected her rocker and guitar.

“You’re never going to win sitting down. Everyone knows real rockers stand.”

“You’re a real rocker?” She asked sarcastically.

“Fuck yes. Prepare to go down. I’ve been playing this so much, Elle says it’s really good for getting my dexterity back.”

At the mention of his girlfriend, Hollis felt a little pang in her heart, remembering that things couldn’t possibly go back to normal between them when Norelle was in the picture. After a few songs of Brian barely beating her Hollis decided to let the hustling begin.

“Can I pick the song?” She asked as they finished up “Shout at the Devil.”

“Sure it’s not like you can beat me. So go ahead.”

“You seem so sure of yourself. Care to place a bet?” She asked with an evil grin on her face, something that Brian didn’t seem to completely catch onto but he could never turn away a challenge.

“Okay, what’s the wager?”

She thought for a second before standing and going to the fridge. After digging around for a minute or so she pulled out the wager and put it on the counter.

“Are those…pickles?” He asked, straining to see from the living room.

“Yup. Loser drinks all of the pickle juice.” She said confidently.

“Oh you are so on” Brian said, positive that she would be the one drinking the green juice.

Hollis walked back into the living room and selected the song, scrolling down to the most difficult set of songs and selecting “The Beast and the Harlot.”

“I hate this song. Can’t you pick something else?” Brian whined.

“You said I could pick. Unless you want to just back out now and get your drinky drink on.” She said in a fake gangsta voice that made him half-laugh and get more worked up.

“It’s on. It’s on like Donkey Kong. I hope you like the taste of pickles cause you’re going down.”

The song began and Hollis hit the expert level notes with ease, something surprising Brian greatly as he struggled to hit the notes with the accuracy that Hollis had. After three minutes or so, the song was over and the screen proclaimed “PLAYER TWO ROCKS” as Hollis’ girl rocker threw down her guitar as Brian’s rocker shook his head in defeat. Hollis jumped up from her couch, throwing her controller onto the couch and racing into the kitchen and retrieving the jar of pickles.

“Drink up thirsty boy!” she said, taking the lid off and handing him the jar.

“You hustled me!”

“That’s a damnable lie! You barely beat me in all those other songs; you shouldn’t have counted me out so soon. So drink up.”

He looked at the jar with distaste but nevertheless put it to his mouth, pretended it was jack and downed the whole jar in one go. He handed her the jar and its one remaining pickle back to Hollis, she promptly ate the pickle and tossed the jar into the recycling bin.

“Good game” She said with a smug smirk on her face, holding out her hand for him to shake it.

“No way. I’m mad at you. Who invited you over anyway?” He joked.

“Some loser” She said with another smile and she jumped at him, giving him a hug.

“I’ve missed this. I’ve missed you.” She mumbled into his chest as he hugged her back.

“I have too. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you Hol.”

Hollis took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, “I wasn’t sure how I felt but when I saw you again and now I know it has to be true.” She said, confusing Brian.

“Huh?”

“I’m still in love with you Brian.”

Brian pulled back a little, keeping Hollis in his arms but wanting to be able to look at her.

“Hollis” He started but was promptly cut off when the front door slammed closed, revealing an angry Zacky.

“What the hell is this?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes A7X doesn't exist in this story but I think it would be funny that that was the song she beat him on. It amused me.
A semi-filler but the end was the important part.
Sorry this took so long, I just couldn't get it out and I had a really shitty week but it's out now and that's what matters!
If you haven't yet please check out my story The Test!!!
And comment and subscribe!