‹ Prequel: Almost Easy

Come Back To Me

XII.

For the next two weeks, Zacky didn't think of Hollis once. He threw himself into his therapy, determined to prove to Hollis and himself that he would be able to get better. He also threw himself into spending time with Colleen, liking her more and more each time they were together. He was determined to be happy, he was determined to not think of Hollis or anything that would make him upset or unhappy.

His relationship with Brian remained the same, he knew that occasionally Hollis would come over to be with Brian and although Zacky voiced his opinion about that, Brian continued seeing her. Zacky made sure that he was always out of the house when Hollis was over and that was the end of it.

"Zacky!" Brian called from the kitchen as Zacky was getting dressed in his bedroom.

"What?!" He shouted back, buttoning up his black button down shirt and rolling the sleeves up to his elbows.

"When is Colleen coming here?"

Zacky looked at the clock that was sitting on his dresser as he reached for his skinny white tie and began to tie it around his neck. "In like ten minutes!" He shouted back.

"Well I should probably put pants on then shouldn't I?!"

Zacky walked out of his room, flipping the lights off as he did so. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see Brian standing at the stove, cooking dinner for him and Norelle (who was coming over shortly) wearing nothing but his boxers.

"Yeah it would be nice that the first time she comes over she isn't greeted by the naked chef."

"Naked chef?" He mused to himself, "That's not a bad idea. Kinda sexy I think" He said and with that, he dropped his boxers to the floor and kicked them away and continued cooking naked.

"I hope the grease from that pain spits and you burn your junk." Zacky said with a laugh as he slipped on his all black chucks.

"Now that's just not nice."

"Can you please get dressed?"

"Why? Am I turning you on? Questioning your sexuality?"

"Please. I was in the army, if being around men all day everyday doesn't solidify your love of women, nothing will. Now go get dressed."

He huffed and blew hair out of his eyes as he rolled them, "Fine. Party pooper. I'll go put clothes on so your little girlfriend doesn't leave you once she sees what a real man looks like." He said as he walked up the stairs.

"She's not my girlfriend!" He called after him, "At least not yet" He added softly to himself.

As soon as Brian's bare ass was out of the view of the stairs, the doorbell rang. He turned around and opened the door, revealing Colleen, looking prettier than he had ever seen her. He had told her that he was taking her to a nice restaurant and to dress up but he had no idea she would look dressed up.

Her hair was curled and fastened behind her right ear in a simply side ponytail with a little white flower hairpin in the middle. Her dress was a simple, classic little black dress. It was one shouldered and fell to her mid thigh. She was wearing white pointy toed pumps as well and it made her match his black and white outfit perfectly.

"You look beautiful" He said, causing her to blush. "Come on in."

He took her hand in his own and pulled her inside the house, closing the door behind her.

"Your house is beautiful. It's just you and Brian here?"

He nodded, "Yup. Just the two of us. Although his girlfriend Norelle is here a lot so she's kind of the third roommate so to speak."

"Is Brian here? I wanted to meet him."

"He's here. But he was cooking dinner for Norelle and him in his boxers and then he was cooking naked just to make me angry and I made him go put clothes on."

"And I don't see why. Elle would have loved naked chef" Brian said from the top of the stairs as he walked down, making Colleen laugh.

"I'm Brian" He said as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Colleen" She replied with a smile and extended her hand to shake and he pulled her into a hug.

"No need for formalities here" He said with a smile. Once he released her he went into the kitchen to check on his food. "Don't you two have reservations to make? The house will still be here for a tour when you get back."

"He's got a point" She said, agreeing with him.

"I like her. She talks funny and she agrees with me."

"Don't mind him, he's just a jerk" Zacky said hoping that Colleen wouldn't be offended.

She smiled, "Don't worry about me Zacky. Let's just go to dinner. It was nice meeting you Brian."

"You too. When you kids get back from your date, you can watch a movie with me and Elle if you want."

They both nodded, "That sounds great" Zacky said as they walked out the door, closing it behind them.

The drive to the restaurant was a short one and they made small talk on the drive there, talking about nothing in particular. When he pulled into the parking lot of one of the nicest restaurants in town, Colleen looked at Zacky quizzically.

"Zacky, this place is too nice. We could have gone to the Applebees, that would be just as good."

He shook his head, "Nope. I wanted to take you somewhere nice."

"Why?"

"Well..." He started, wringing his hands a little, "I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay. Go ahead you can ask me anything."

"Will you...I mean...will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will!" She said happily, leaning over the center console to give him a kiss. "Now let's go get some dinner, boyfriend."

He climbed out of the car and opened the door for her before she was able to get it for herself, he helped her out of the car, closing the door behind her and locking the car.

"Let's go, girlfriend" He said, causing both of them to smile as they walked into the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me Hollis/Zacky people!
This is all part of the master plan!
But this one was kind of long and I hope you liked it!!
Comment and Subscribe please!!!