‹ Prequel: Almost Easy

Come Back To Me

XVI.

"Zacky, just go back with your girlfriend. She looks really pissed off. Don't worry about me, I was just going to go home and eat a gallon of ice cream or something." She said, wiping her eyes as she pulled herself out of his grasp.

"No Hollis. She'll be fine, I'm worried about you right now. If you want to go back to your place, fine but I'm coming with you. You really shouldn't be alone right now."

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" She asked, her eyes meeting his sympathetic green ones. "You hate me. Just go hate me."

He pulled her back into his arms, "Hollis, no matter what I would never be able to hate you. Just know that. I'm here for you and I want to help. Even if it's just sitting in silence with you or eating a gallon of ice cream. I'm here. Colleen will understand."

His words hit her heart, she was glad that someone cared about her, and she knew that his words were sincere. But at the same time she didn't want to be comforted by Zacky. It was Brian she wanted back, and she knew that being around Zacky would just complicate that. Not that either man was available...but things were simpler when Zacky refused to speak to her.

"Give me your keys" He said softly and Hollis reached into her pocket and gave him the key ring as he let her out of his embrace. "Where's your car parked?" His voice still soft, as if speaking in a normal tone would hurt or scare her away.

Without saying a word, she wiped her eyes and pointed to her car, parallel parked outside the park. He took her hand in his and slowly led her to her car, putting her in the passenger seat before walking around and climbing in behind the wheel.

"Where are we going?"

"To your house" He said, pulling into the local grocery store, "Put first I need to make a quick pit stop. So stay right here" He said, leaving the car on and climbing out, hurrying into the store. He returned a few minutes later, placing a plastic shopping bag in her lap before buckling his seat belt and driving towards her house.

She opened the bag and looked inside and wasn't able to keep the smile off of her face.

"A gallon of cookie dough ice cream..." She said, "Perfect."

He smiled back at her, "I knew you'd like it."

It was only a few more minutes before they were parked outside of Hollis' apartment and they both exited the car and walked up the front step, Zacky letting them in with the key as Hollis trailed behind clutching her tub of ice cream.

"Now give me this" He said, taking the ice cream from her, "Go upstairs and put some sweats on and then come back." He instructed and too tired to fight him she obeyed and walked into the back of her apartment where her bedroom was located.

While she was getting changed, Zacky retrieved two bottles of water and two spoons from the kitchen, moving into the living room and popping the top off of the ice cream and putting the spoons in it, throwing the water on the couch. He retrieved a box of tissues (just in case) from the bathroom and placed them on the couch as well. He walked to her TV and turned it and the DVD player on, putting in a movie that he knew she loved before sitting down and pulling a blanket around him. She emerged from her room moments later in pajamas and glasses, walking over to the couch, sitting down next to him. He spread the blanket over her as well before handing her the bottle of water, tissues and pulling the ice cream up between them.

"What are we watching?" She asked, taking a huge spoonful of ice cream and shoving it in her mouth.

"Your favorite" He replied, pressing the play button.

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall?" She asked hopefully and smiled when the movies menu popped up and Zacky pressed play.

"I love this movie"

"I know"

She took a few more bites of ice cream before snuggling into his side, Zacky instinctively wrapping his arm around her shoulder as he ate the ice cream with his free hand.

"Thank you" She murmured softly.

He kissed the top of her head, "Anytime." He whispered back and she didn't even make it twenty minutes into the video before she fell asleep, her hand tightly clutching his shirt. He looked down at her and smiled before turning his attention to the movie while he let her sleep, looking more peaceful than she did while awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and Sweet.
But I liked writing this.
Thoughts?

5 Comments = Eternal love from me!

Like the new layout?
I'm mildly obsessed

I love making new banners
and if anyone wants to make a banner...i wont say no