‹ Prequel: Almost Easy

Come Back To Me

XXIII

One Year Later

Hollis was standing outside of the church, pacing as she waited for everyone to be ready to begin the ceremony. She smoothed the fabric of her dress as the light breeze blew past her. She began to wring her hands together, a nervous habit she had acquired in the year it took her to write her research paper. Her fingers aimlessly played with the ring on her left ring finger, smiling to herself as she thought of the night that Zacky had proposed to her.

"Zacky it's getting late. Let's just go home and watch a movie or something. We can go for a walk tomorrow night." She complained as Zacky dragged her through the park towards their favorite tree - a large weeping willow. They had just eaten dinner at their favorite Italian restaurant and were now trekking through the park in the downtown.

"Stop complaining, I promised a walk in the park and you're getting a walk in the park."

"Yes, a walk not a drag!" She said laughing and Zacky slowed his pace - stopping quickly to press his lips to hers. "I'll cooperate" she said with a smile, "But after we just go back and lie down for the night, deal?"

"Of course." He responded as they made their way to the tree. Hollis could see a light shining from underneath the branches and her smile faded into a frown.

"Someone's under the tree already" She said in a deflated voice but Zacky continued to walk towards the giant tree, pulling her behind him. "Zacky stop! Can't you see someone's already there?"

"Shh. Come on." He persisted and she gave up her fight, following him into the mess of branches, pushing them aside as they made their way to the center of the tree. Once they got inside Hollis saw the source of the light - a single lantern flashlight sitting on a blanket that was spread on the ground. She looked at Zacky, who was simply looking at her with a smile on his face, "It's so nice" She said, placing a kiss on his lips as he led her to the blanket.

"I was planning on bringing you here to celebrate your paper being published" He explained. "And I know that it's coming out in a few weeks but I guess I just can't wait."

"Wait for what?" Hollis asked, for the first time not understanding what Zacky was talking about.

Zacky stuck both of his hands into his pockets, a nervous habit that Hollis knew he was guilty of. It was only when she saw him clasp his hand around something in his pocket that things began to fall together for her. He pulled a small blue box from his pocket, opening up and revealing the most beautiful ring she had ever seen, instantly causing tears to well up in her eyes as her blue eyes met his green ones.

"Hollis, we've been through so much and since the day I met you I knew right away that you would always be a part of my life, and I'm hoping you feel the same. Hollis, will make me the happiest man on Earth and say you'll marry me?"

The widest smile broke across Hollis' face as she threw herself at him, pressing her lips to his, kissing him over and over again.

"Yes! Of course I will!" She cried out happily, holding out her hand to him to slide the ring onto. It was a perfect fit.


That had been a few months ago, and now Hollis was waiting for the word that Brian and Norelle's ceremony was about to start. Zacky was Brian's best man, and although she had gotten close with Norelle as she wrote the paper, Hollis wasn't surprised when she was invited to be a part of the wedding party. The church doors open and Zacky poked his head out, then coming all the way outside when he saw that Hollis was outside.

"I figured you would be out here" He said, kissing her quickly. "We're about to start."

She took his hand and they walked into the church.

"You look amazing" He said as they stood in front of the sanctuary doors, placing another kiss on her lips.

"You clean up pretty well yourself" She replied, "Now go on, I'm sure Brian's going insane. I'll be sitting right up front."

**

When Hollis and Zacky got back to her apartment (where Zacky had basically been living for the past months) they were both wiped out. They walked silently into the bedroom, both of them discarding their wedding finery for sweatpants. Hollis took her hair out of the nice updo it had been in, trading that for a simple ponytail as Zacky walked into the bathroom behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Stop it" She said through giggles as he began to kiss her neck, "Let me wash my face and I'll be right out to get into bed. Pick something to watch."

"All right" He said, placing a kiss on the side of her head before leaving the bathroom and getting into bed, flipping through the movie channels for something to watch. He had settled on "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (one of their favorite movies) by the time she emerged from the bathroom, her face now clean of makeup.

She climbed into the bed, immediately snuggling herself into his side as the movie began. They managed to stay awake for the majority of the movie, but by the time it was over, Zacky looked to his side to see that Hollis was fallen asleep beside him. He chuckled softly to himself as he turned off the television and moved them both into a more comfortable sleeping position, wrapping his arms around her as he did so.

After several more months of therapy, Zacky Baker was able to sleep by himself. But now that he was with Hollis, he never wanted to again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that my friends, is the end of "Come Back To Me"
I haven't quite decided if I'm going to do a sequel or not because right now I don't really have any ideas as to what I would write it about. So for the time being, this is the end - which I think is good because now I can work on finishing up "She's Headed West" and really get to work on "Camera One" and "Amnesia"
However...
if you guys have any ideas for things you want to see in the sequel, feel free to leave them in comments and if I do decide to write a sequel I'll refer back to what you guys want to see!

Thank you all so much for reading this, I wouldn't have kept going if it wasn't for everyone's amazing support. "Almost Easy" was my first fanfic and I was shocked at everyone who read it and then continued on to "Come Back to Me" I can't thank you enough!!

So don't unsubscribe to this story! If and when I write a sequel I'll be sure to post a chapter on this story with a link to the sequel!

xx