The Dragon Wars

The Kingdom in The Forest

After a twenty minute walk, we finally reached the gates of Tormin Castle.

The castle is fairly large, protected from all four sides by a giant stone wall made to nestle the town inside. The castle was rather remote, hidden behind a forest, past the meadow we use to practice fighting, and riding horses, when it’s not swarming with dragons or soldiers.

As we reached the castles drawbridge we were greeting by the guard.

“Good day to you Ash! Off on another one of your misadventures with your friends again, are we?”

I laughed a bit then nodded to the guard, Then he gladly lowered the drawbridge for us.

As we walked through the town I caught myself stopping for a bit to watch the children in the town run around trying to catch the birds that land to eat the bread crumbs they throw to them. I quickly stopped at my house, in the middle of town to drop off my whip, and switch into some cleaner clothes, then continued back towards the castle.

The town was fairly large, having the wealthier near the back of the town, closer to the castle. Dotted with farming folk, street venders, and lots of shops that sell herbs, and medicine, and quiet a few that sell meats, and armory.

as we reached the the castles main gates, we we're greeted by another guard, but this one wasn't too polite.

“What do you want?” the guard said in a rude tone, I clenched my fist as it almost made me want to re-fix his nose as I did a few months ago.

“The council requested my audience,” I said, handing him the scroll.

“Very well, just don’t cause any trouble, or I’ll lock you up before you could even blink.”

“Whatever, C’mon mike let’s go.”

“Oh-no you don’t! Only one trouble maker at a time in my castle” exclaimed the guard, blocking mikes path into the door with his spear.

“I’m fine Ash, I’ll wait out here.” Mikey said with a look of disappointment on his face.

With another heavy sigh I walked into the double doors of the castle into the foyer.
The castle walls were beautifully crafted, supported by pillars made of marble. long guilded carpets lined the wooden floors, and stone busts and portraits of former kings and queens lined the hallways.I quickly looked around, trying to find which door i should take, which led me into a maze of rooms all around the castle. After several failed attempts, I finally found the door that took me to the council room.

The room was large, with large stained glass windows, and a large round table in the middle of the room, with nine chairs. sitting at the end of the table was Paul, the leader of the Council of Nine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 of The Dragon Wars.
It's a bit short, but it should be okay, shorter is sometimes better, like for suspense ;)