‹ Prequel: Better Man
Sequel: Family Portrait

Alone This Holiday

Chapter Eleven

Mywife,ex-wife,friend, Anna stood infont of me, talking to me about Scotty's peformance, for school, they would beplaying dressing up as one of their parents as they would when they were at work. As Anna was a stay at home Mum, Scotty would beapparently dressing up as me.

"We're even getting some spray on tattoos. You know those ones that wash off in salt water? - Brian? Are you even listening?" Anna asked. I shook my head, like a little kid who'd been caught stealingkeys to a motorbike cookies from their parents, I looked to my feet in shame. Her gaze wandered aroundour my house, it wasn't clean, dishes were piled a mile high in the kitchen, each plate smellling worse then the next. Clothes were over flowing the laundry, I didn't wash them, I just bought new ones. The house smelt a lot like a locker room for a sporting team, and I was supprised that Anna hadn't thrown up from the stench alone. "Brian, when did you last eat?" She sighed.

"Uh, breakfast," She raised her eyebrows. "Breakfast yesterday," I admitted. Johnny had bought some muffins made by Lacey, as she, as I said, it always cooking. They were chocolate, so I don't know how healthy it would have been to eat three of them washed down with beers.

Anna shook her head, "Come have dinner tonight. You can see the kids and actually eat a decent meal,"

"I can't," I objected, only to have her fold her arms over her chest. "I h-have plans,"

"Oh really?" There was a smile on her lips, the kind she has when she knows you're lying and it is amusing her. Anna could detect a liar a mile away, I think she knew I was cheating before I even realised that's what I was doing.

I realised I was commited to Anna, in a church, surrounded by family and friends. There was no excuse for my actions. I wasn't always drunk while I did it either. Infact I'd say 88% of the time I was sober.

"Fine, I'll come,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, BUT I am back and know how to do write the next bits now XD
Yay!

XD

Comment just to let me know you've read maybe?

XxX_Numb_XxX