‹ Prequel: Better Man
Sequel: Family Portrait

Alone This Holiday

Chapter Eight

Waking up hurt, not physically, but mentally. It showed me that I couldn't even kill myself without screwing up. Hesitantly I opened my eyes, only to be met with an empty room. I took advantage of this, swinging my feet over the side of my bed I took it upon myself to pull all the needles out of my arms and leave the room, still aware I was wearing a hospital gown I made sure it covered my arse, I knew that hospital gowns weren't known for covering certain areas. I snatched up some pant's I found in a bag tucked away in the corner, pulled them on and put on an old shirt that was also in there. Once I was dressed, the first thing that came to my mind was to leave the hospital, but that thought left quickly when I decided I needed to see Anna, or my kids, anyone that I knew had been in trouble.

Three floor's up from where I was, I found Anna's room, only to see her two brother's sitting by her bedside. Matty was asleep, his head was resting on Zacky's shoulder as the older brother held onto his sister's hand, tears were visible on his face. Deciding against going inside I found myself drawn to the children's floor where I thought my children, or child, I wasn't sure which I was hoping for.

"Security room 314; security room 314," A man's voice bounced off all the walls, causing his words to be slurred. On the children's floor Dad was talking to a Doctor, he looked stressed and I could see Dad appearing older then what he actually is. His once brown eyes appeared to have turned silver around the middle, much like his hair appeared to have done.

"...Legal custody has been granted to you, and your wife for the time being. But remember that once either Mrs Hanar becomes well enough, or Mr Hanar passes a mental check; you loose that custody,"

"Yes, Doctor, I understand, thankyou," They shook hands, and went their seperate directions. Moment's later Dad came back from around the corner; assisted by my step-mother, they pushed prams that held Aedan, Daniel, Riley, Zach and to my utter joy Connah was there too. I couldn't help but grin, then I saw Scotty trailing behind.

His eye's met mine, and he stopped walking. "Dad?"

My family stopped walking and looked at me. Shame and guilt washed over me, and before I could do or say anything else I was leaving the hospital. My escape plan was stopped; Zacky stood infront of me, over his shoulder I could see two security guards and a doctor. In the doctors dark hand I could see a needle in it, clearly he was ready to knock me out with it.

"I need to leave," My voice was hoarse, which shocked me. "Please,"

"You can't, Bri. You just can't," Suddenly I felt the security guards forcing me to the floor, yells came from my body, pleas to be left alone. A quick sting hit my shoulder, and within seconds my struggling stopped. My head was so heavy that I just collapsed on the ground, the guards hauled me onto the bed and I was wheeled back into my original room. Tear's welled up in my eyes, and as they closed from tiredness.

And he last voice I heard was that of my wife, "I love you," I could hear the sob in her voice, but I fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
And I'm doing this update on my holiday, so I says extra comments!
ROFL

Sorry

XxX_Numb_XxX