Status: CurrentlyOnHold

Causing Havoc and Taking Names

Bullets and Blood

Despair's Point Of View

‘Blood is thicker than bread and water…’ Those very words chilled even my bones. Plague. My sister. But as many people will tell you, a similarity in genetic coding does not make family. Simply a relationship. Admittedly, I do grow tired of hunting. Trying to hold myself back on wrapping my fingers around her pale neck, and wringing the life out of her. Nothing would please me more. But perhaps I should forgive and forget. After all, the future and present is what’s important. But the past has such a powerful influence on the present! Most frustrating.

It’s raining. The diamond-like drops are threading themselves into my hair, and pooling in the creases of my coat. I had to get out for a while. Get my thoughts to myself. Plus, it allows me to do some more research in Tavion’s research facility. (Of which I had yet to tell the others about).
The wind is biting at my cheeks as I hop over the pathetic ally ways of the city, and land on fungus-layered rooftops. My coat is whipping behind me, as if egging me on to find out more. To go faster and arrive and my destination already.
I come to a sudden halt. Something has caught my eye, and my chest feels heavy at the sight of Guardian’s car, driving and coming to a stop in front of two other cars and some other familiar, person like shapes. But to my left is the densely protected research facility. I chew my lip in frustration. Do I help my so called friends? Or do I follow my intuition? I need an answer. I tugged at my hair. Any other day, I would have just went straight to the building. But not today. Something is different in the air. I can smell it. Taste it. Feel it. Something is coming. I need to know what it is. They’ll be fine. Won’t they?
“I can’t think!” I shout in frustration.

A powerful gust of wind pushes me in the direction of Guardian and who I think is young Violet. It appears even the elements themselves wish me to help. But then again. That hasn’t always ended pleasantly. In the end, I turn towards the research facility, and take a running leap. I pass over the electrified fence and land with a roll. My back flat against the wall, I quickly scale the vertical surface and tear open the metallic air vent.
I pass over a number of rooms. Every step I get the more regret I feel for not going to assist. Nothing above the ordinary. Just a number of desks and offices.
“Are you sure they can beat them?” A voice gurgles. I follow the sound and come above a room with metallic flooring. Two figures pacing and looking into exceptionally large tubes.
“Of course. They are hand created to be the exact opposites of the originals. Even surpassing in their power. Tavion created them himself.” A weedy man in a lab coat paces under the vent. A clipboard clutched between thin fingers. A man in a hooded robe stands, admiring the luminous tube.
“Perfect” He says, before emitting a sadistic chuckle. Hunter. Another immortal, and is, ironically enough, used to hunt down immortals that have rebelled. Or gone their own way. Completely loyal to Tavion in every way. Which in my aspect, happens to be the only admirable concept about him. I fought him once. And won. I’m not too proud to admit that it was extremely close either. A pure instant of chance was on my side. Now I’m pretty sure he wears a hood to shield his scarred face. The thought makes me smile.

“But there is something you should know. They are-” The lab-tech is cut off by a wave of Hunter’s hand.
“We are not alone.” He says. Shit. Hunter spins around, his robe flowing behind him like wings, and flings his hands up. I push back away just in time to see two spikes impale the very spot I was lieing on. “Despair…” He snarls.
“Calling all units. Calling all units. There has been a breach in the proximity. Despair is in the vent system. I repeat. Despair is in the vent system. Do not allow him to escape.” The message repeats itself, and the sound of booted feet and automatic weapons ring through my skull.

I crawl as fast as possible back the way I came, only to watch a steel door close over the entrance to the roof top. I hear a snarl and a grunt behind me. Turning slowly, I cast my eyes upon a creature of hideous disposition. It’s eyes blood red, and teeth like six inch splinters. It looked as if the very muscles where trying to push their way out of his skin.
“What the fuck is going on!?” I cursed. I know these aren’t the things in the fluorescent tubes. These are older. More experienced.
It lunges forward, gnashing it’s gaping mouth towards my throat. I hold out my hands, redirecting it’s head into the steel side of the air vent. Then I force my fingers to pierce the flesh in its shoulder and under it’s chin. I pull apart and it falls limp with a crunch, and a squelch. I sit there, breathing heavily. Staring at the deformed corpse of the creature.

After gathering my senses, I pushed my way down the vent and land in a room. Full of guards. Every one of their guns aiming at me.
“Bring it.” I said, and watched the grey haze fall over my sight. Meaning my eyes were black.
“Alright men. FIRE!” One commanded. Then came the bullets and blood…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I burst through the door of the house, my clothes torn. Blood stained my pale face. I looked upon the faces of the others, who all turned to me. My hands on the door frame, supporting my weight.
“We have a fucking problem.” I said. And their eyes all widened in shock. Awaiting for me to tell them what happened not but an hour ago…
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did ya guys think? ^_^
Hope ya liked it! COMMENT and tell me if yay or nay
-Despair :P