Status: CurrentlyOnHold

Causing Havoc and Taking Names

In need of a plan

Despair’s P.O.V

The rain was coming down hard again. The scenery was a dulled grey, only lighting up when a flash of lightening split the sky. The big heavy clouds, growled and roared as they attempted to push past each other, as the sharp bite of the wind egged them on.
“Rosalie, are you in position?” I said, pushing the button down on the communication link that was in my ear.
“Don’t call me that!” She whined, to which I smirked at. “And yes I am thank you very much. Can we get on with this now? I’m freezing, and wet.”
“Oi, can you two continue this bitch session later? We’ve got a job to do here.” Guardian squawked.
“Very well.” I sighed, my eyes peeled as I watched the laboratory building. The wind blew, shoving me in a particular direction, and as always I looked towards it. Only to look upon the area where Violet perished. I was in the exact spot as I was on that night, and the wind seemed eager to remind me of the choice I could have made.
“Despair? Despair what’s going on?” Guardian said, snapping me from my train of thought.
“Nothing. It’s nothing. Plague await for my signal.”
“Remind me again why we elected you queen fucking bee?” She snapped.
“Because I’ve been here before, and as proven on many occasions; my intellect is far more superior than yours.” I replied.
“Nerd.” She responded, I let out a big bored sigh, before taking a few steps back from the edge of the rooftop. I breathed in deeply focusing on the building. The familiar grey haze fell over my eyes, as they turned black, the shiver of pleasure-filled energy flitted down my body.
I lunged forward, breaking out in a sprint, and kicking off the edge of the roof and soaring over the gap. A guard dressed in black, and brandishing an automatic rifle of sorts, turned around, jumping in surprise as I landed full weight on him with a sickening crunch to his rib cage.
I stood up, stepping off the broken body, before crouching down, and snapping his neck. I can’t afford to be careless anymore.
I walked over to the same vent I used last time, and kicked it open.
“Ok, go.” I said, dropping down the vent, and began to crawl.
“Uh… Despair, there’s nothing here.” Plague said over the communication link.
“What do you mean there’s nothing here?”
“As in there is NOTHING in here. No chairs, tables, testing facilities, nothing.” She replied
“Same as in here” Guardian squawked. His device was a little scratchy.
“Hold on” I groaned, kicking a vent and dropping down. They were right. There was nothing. Nothing to the normal eye that is.

I took a deep breath in. The grey haze fell over my sight once again. I loved my powers. It out lined everything that might be specific to my thought pattern. There was faint traces of an odd looking fluid on the ground. As well as specific wear and tear marks where those tanks were previously.
“They’re gone.” I said
“No shit Sherlock. What now?” Plague responded.
“Shut up and give me a moment to think”
“What happened to be being superior intellect genius?”
“Rosalie I swear if you don’t zip it, I will come there and tear you a new one” I snapped.
“Don’t call me that!”
“Children please!” Guardian interrupted.
“But--”
“Can it Plague. Think of a plan.”
“Thank you Guardian” I said
“Oi, You shut it an all.” he replied, and Plague snickered. I had to think of something. Detective I am not. But a plan or a next course of action is needed. Right now I would be thankful for input from even my darling sister Rosalie at this moment in time. At least… Constructive in put would be nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wahey. A chapter. After all this time an all.
HOPEFULLY, the story will be up and running again. That is, if any of the others still take an interest in this story or their writing...