The Official Office Games

So Sorry

Jade's POV

I sat with my lunch for a while, staring at the sandwich wondering how many calories it contained before I heard somebody approach.

"Mind if I sit?" She asked. I looked up and noticed she looked just as bad as me if not worse.

"Pull up a bench," I shrugged, moving along slightly.

She sat next to me as I grabbed my sandwich and took a bite. I felt slightly embarrassed about eating in public, I just felt like a pig when I did. I took dainty bites (well, I attempted to) as I waited for Victoria to say something.

"What's up?" I raised an eyebrow.

"There's this girl I think Cole likes..." she muttered.

"Another Claire?" I asked sympathetically. Truthfully I was getting a bit sick of the man. But could I tell her that? Definately not. She was my best friend.

"Nah..she's cool, that's what annoys me...Claire did piss me off too though...Meddling cow..." she replied.

"Sucks...You friendly with her then? The chick, not Claire." I raised an eyebrow.

"She said some funny stuff about Claire and I laughed but I was trying to be mean to make her back off or something. I just don't get how she got so close to him that quickly!" She complained. I watched as she tugged at her hair, feeling even more exasperated.

"She pretty?" I sighed. I didn't really understand why I was asking. The topic of Cole had grown old after 2 weeks when she'd first constantly started talking about him. I guess it was partly my own fault. Maybe I shouldn't keep asking her about him.

Victoria shrugged and crossed her arms in either an attempt to keep warm or a sign of annoyance. At least she wasn't watching me eating.

"What's the girl's name again?" I asked, figuring I might know her.

"Hayley Conman," she replied.

I nearly choked and then started coughing. "...You're gonna love me in a minute," I grinned, taking a deep breath.

"Why?" She asked perplexed.

"Dude, it's his cousin," I snorted as her face lit up.

After a short amount of silence she spoke again.

"So why're you eating out here? Why not in the cafe?" She asked.

"Don't wanna talk about it," I muttered, sipping my coffee, glancing at my watch.

Said coffee was spat out once I saw what time it was. I muttered a quick goodbye and threw my trash in the bin. I quickly ran inside hoping their wasn't a huge cue at the elevators. After a few minutes I squeezed into a lift, repeatedly jabbing at the button.
I felt my face redden when I got weird looks from others surrounding me and consciously tucked my stomach in.
When it finally arrived, I rushed in, fighting against the stampede of people on their way out. I rushed in, hoping I would be able to slip to my computer and go un-noticed but of course, the mega-beast had different ideas.

"Jade, darling," she grinned in a threatening manner and motioned for me to approach her.

She was always lurking in the shadows, waiting for somebody to slip up. Maybe she was on my floor because of some of the hot guys working here?

"...Yes, Claire?" I asked, meekly. I really didn't understand myself sometimes. The only thing Claire did was show people around. So why was I cowering away from her? She didn't hold any power over me.

"You're a wimp! That's why," I snarled at myself mentally.

"Why are you late?"She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"....There was a huge line at the cafe and I lost track of time. I'm terribly sorry, it won't happen again," I mumbled. There I went again, looking at my two year old footwear instead of telling her to piss off.

She looked at me again, this time both her eyebrows were raised. She snorted.

"Make sure it doesn't again."

I practically sprinted to my desk, happy for an escape. I got to my computer and sat with a sigh.

"S'matter?" Muttered Courtney. She sat at the desk beside mine.

"Bad day, I guess," I replied, turning my computer on.

"Jade? Sorry to make it even worse...but..." she trailed off, gesturing at my chest.

I looked down and felt my face redden. My white blouse was covered in coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title inspired by Feist's 'So Sorry'

So selfish,
Two words that could describe
Oh, actions of mine
When patience is in short supply


We're so helpless
We're slaves to our impulses
We're afraid of our emotions
And no one knows where the shore is


Chapter done by Skiffle. aka Lucy.

comment/subscribe