A Perfect Love Story Until He Met Bert

Ive changed

(2 years Later)
Gerard's POV

I think back, 2 years ago, I was an alcoholic, drug addict and suicidal. I was truly messed up and my life revolved around getting totally wasted, I thought I needed to be just so I could perform onstage, but I was completely wrong. My down-ward spiral lead me to making the most stupid mistake of my life; cheating on Frankie with Bert McCracken.

Although since then I have made some dramatic changes to my life.
I got clean and sober which has been the hardest thing in my life to overcome, but without the help of the guys I would never have got through it. I realized that getting drunk and using drugs was not the way I wanted to live, I had a sole purpose and that was and still is to SAVE PEOPLES LIVES. As of August 2004 ive been clean and sober and my life has been much better. I then married Frankie, 14th February 2005, which has made me the happiest man alive.

We have just made our third album The Black Parade, and life seems like it couldn’t get any better. With the help from our producer Rob Cavallo and additional vocals from Liza Minelli and mine and Frankie's parents we may have made the greatest album of all time. The experiences at the Paramour Mansion where we recorded were pretty spooky; like me being strangled in my sleep, weird noises and doors opening and slamming shut.
And even though Mikey left us for a short time there, coz he was diagnosed with Bi Polar and was suffering pretty hard from it, we still managed to pull through it all. Then by the time Mikey returned we were all set again to finish the record off. And that we did.

Now we (MCR) are about to go on stage, a complete different band both appearance and the way we sound for the first time for our Black Parade tour, it's an awesome feeling.

We start off with Welcome to the Black Parade.

“When I was a young boy” I sing.

Deep down inside I know this is how I want my life to be, saving peoples lives and making great music.