Sequel: Running From the Sun
Status: R.I.P. Jimmy/The Rev D'=

What Dark Permits

Independent Conditions

I must have been the only one that was relying on her steady heartbeat so much to bring me comfort as I was the first one back in her room and by her side. It was seconds later that Carlisle came in with Emmett following close behind. "Carlisle! What's happening to her!" I yelled at him. He was supposed to watch her and be ready for this sort of thing. Currently I was standing beside her with her hand tightly clenching mine like she was in pain.
Carlisle surveyed her appearance and no doubt heard her heartbeat that had gone from stopped to racing in less than a second. He then stated what sounded more like a wild guess than a medical observation. "From what I can see, she is reacting negatively to the blood transfusion. This could result in her death."
I looked at him with an incredulous look, "Are you just assuming this? Do something! You're a doctor! Save her!" I shouted at my adoptive father.
Her body started shaking. "She's in a fucking seizure and you're saying you can't do anything?" Emmett screamed.
"Calm down both of you! I would do something any other time but right now she's too fragile! I don't know how she'd react to anything I did! I was risking her life just operating on her!"
Fortunately for Carlisle, his assistance wasn't really needed.