Status: Hiatus.

We Will Never Believe Again.

Chapter Nine.

The masses looked larger as they stood in the lobby thing of the house. I was never really sure what to call it. I stood at the top of the stairs, licking one of my lip rings as I thought of how to phrase it. Might as well tel them the truth.

"We've been discovered," I announced to the crowd, putting my hands on my hips. Buzzing erupted throughout the crowd, asking one another how they thought that was even possible. I shushed them and once again, the crowd fell completely silent.

"We've been working for this for a long time," I went on. "Six years of training. We'll be okay." I ran my hand through my hair, sighing to myself. "If I die," when I die, I corrected in my head, "I want you guys to go on. Never admit defeat. I don't care how many of them there are compared to how many of us there are. As long as you're still alive, you fight." I bit my lip. "I believe in you guys. I could never have gotten this far without you. I want you to go out there and give it your all." I nodded once, signaling I was finished. Slowly, they started to leave the area, going out the front door to meet the Dandies when they got here. Slowly, I headed down the stairs, getting stopped by Patrick.

"Where's Pete?" he asked.

"He's on a mission. He'll be back soon. It seems we had a Dandie among us," I informed, making a face. He sighed and walked away. I continued to make my way outside, pushing through the crowd so I'd be the first thing they'd see.

"Boss?" I turned around to see Alex. I never did understand why he called me Boss.

"What, Alex?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"If, I, you know....die before Maria gets back, tell her I love her," he said. "Please." I nodded, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I will. But you're not going to die, kid. You're one of the strongest. I can promise you that," I told him in an honest voice I rarely used. "Just have a little faith in yourself. I have faith in you and I know Maria does too." Alex smiled a little.

"Thanks Boss," he said, ruffling my hair. I made a face, fixing it quickly.

"Why do you call me Boss?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. He shrugged.

"I don't know, just do." He chuckled a little. I shrugged.

"Look," I mumbled, nodding my head. The Dandies were close, I could see them starting up the hill to where our house was. There wasn't much time left. I just hoped Pete and Maria got back in time.