Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Fourteen: What Have I Done?

{Kellan’s POV}

I had made it half way home when my phone rang. All I wanted to do was go home. I checked to see who it was and I couldn’t ignore it. It was my mother.

“Hi Mommy,” I said softly. I loved my mother immensely, she was what kept me home and the reason I didn’t run away when I was younger but she was also the reason I came to California. “How are you?”

“Kellan honey there’s no time for those question I need to come over your father would like to speak to you.” She sounded scared and I knew then something was up. So I drove as fast as possible to where my parents were staying.

My mom met me outside she was still dressed but you could tell she had been crying. She rushed over to me and hugged me tightly. “My most darling son I want you to know that what ever your father says has nothing to do with me and that I approve of her and love her dearly already.” I smiled at that and we went up to there room. My father was standing there when we walked in with my worst enemy. The glass in his hand was scotch and it was the main reason his children hated him.

“Kellan I’m forbidding you from marrying that girl.” my heart was racing how could he do this I loved no one so much before in my life.

“Father you can’t do this I’m not a child.” he turned to me

“You either listen to me as your father or I write you out of my will.” I looked at him like he was crazy.

If he did that it meant that I wouldn’t get anything, and all the money I was supposed to be getting was already in a savings account for my kids, even though I don’t have any yet. I knew now I wanted them more then ever since I got together with Lily she’s great with kids.

“If that’s what you want then fine, but I hope you know you old bastard your just a man old man who knows his kids can’t wait for him to die.” I spat at him then stormed from the room.

I sped home more angry then a anything I had felt before. I just couldn’t understand what had set him off. He liked her before the dinner, I know that cause he told me and if I find out he was drinking before the dinner and what ever Harvey said to him is what sent of this chain of mood swings then I’m going to kill him.

A few days later I had made my decision to go see Lily take the ring back yet again break her heart because my family is important to me, but there was no way I was going to give her up for good. I was going to do everything in my power to save my relationship with her and I hope that one day she’ll forgive me for being a jerk. When I got to the bus and found no one on it I called Lily’s cell and asked her to come to the bus. I was looking in the wrong direction for her and when I heard her say my name I knew it was going to be hard what I had to do. Blocking out everything that was being said in my head, all the voices telling me I was making a mistake and that she would never forgive me. But I knew she would she had to we loved each other more then life it self. She came to me and wrapped her arms around me, I gave her a weak smile after she kissed the tip of my nose.

“Lily know I love you very much. More then life,” I said and she nodded like I knew she would her eyes screamed ‘I think I understand‘ . “But you know that my family comes first.”

“Kellan honey what are you saying?” She asked and I knew she didn’t I placed my large hands on her tiny shoulders then ran them down her slim arms and stopped at her soft hands. My fingers ran over the ring on her finger and I slipped it off. I could see the pain her face and the shock was oozing from her pours.

She turned away, I whispered her name I didn’t want her to go I wanted to explain but my mouth wouldn’t move and I couldn’t think straight, she started moving again and I knew then I had lost her but I would do everything in my power to get her back even if it took me the rest of my life and a murder or two.

I returned to my car and sat there for a few minutes then left. I wouldn’t be able to handle anything if one of the guys found me there and knew what had happen. I think Matt or Jimmy would break every bone in my body first then kill me slowly.

At home I didn’t leave me apartment for days and if I did it was only because I had to, not because I wanted to. My mom would come over everyday to make sure I was still alive since I was refusing to answer the phone, or the door. She would sit next to me for a few minutes and tell me she was working on my father. I would look at her close my eyes and roll away from her. She would do this everyday. I was hurting and all she could do was tell me she working on my father. To do what the impossible. When that made up his mind about it took a lot and I mean a lot to get him to change his mind. He was just that stubborn. I was the only one of his sons to not be stubborn. I took after my mom, I was kind heart and understanding.