Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Fifteen: Miracles Do Come To those Who Wai

{Lily’s POV}

“Doctor will she be fine?” I heard my mother say softly out side of my room. It had been six weeks since the day Kellan came and stole my heart. I was sitting on the bed in the physic unit of the local hospital. When we got back to tour everything around me was reminding me of him and I did the worse thing ever. I chased a bottle of anti-depressants with a bottle of Vodka and floor cleaner. Val found me a few minutes after I had took them and was passed out on the floor, I’ve hurt her so much it was killing me. She was one of my very best of friends and this is how I repay her. She knew everything, even things Kellan could never know cause it would have killed him.

She knew my darkest secret. Val knew that in the accident I didn’t lose only my memory I also lost the baby I was carrying, the reason I was up so early getting pancakes. I didn’t know until after my memory returned and Val told me but there wasn’t anyway I was going to tell Kellan it would have crushed him. When my mom returned to the room, I was staring out the window next to my bed. She sat down next to me rested her head on top of mine and held my hand in hers.

“I miss him.” I whispered. My heart was breaking again it broke every time I thought of him. “I miss him so much it hurts.”

“I know angel, he’ll come around.” she whispered.

When Val got there I curled up to her and apologized a billion times. The whole time she held me and let me cry. I loved her for understanding, she knew she’d do the same if anything ever happened to her and Matt. The guys came up for dinner. Lena made my favorite dessert for me and Jimmy brought it up, so I got to sit there and eat a whole pumpkin pie to myself with a can of whipped cream and a small cup of ice cream he got on the way to the hospital. Jimmy was the one most worried, he was a big brother to me. My family helped him out a lot when he was younger. So he was the one who got to sit on the bed with me while the others had to fend for themselves.

“I went past Kellan’s today.” he said softly. Like he was afraid of how I was going to react. “He was there but he wouldn’t answer the door.”

“Jimmy promise me you’ll never do that again okay?” he nodded. I looked around at the others. “All of you promise me you’ll leave him alone.” they nodded. “Hands.” they all showed me there hands cause I knew Zacky and Syn would be the ones to cross their fingers and go and try to kill him even though I told them not to. “Now promise.” and they did. I smile lightly at them.

When visiting hours were over everyone left, and I laid there trying not to think trying just to go to sleep and rest. That wasn’t possible when I heard someone come in. I opened my eyes and almost jumped three feet in the air when I seen Kellan’s father standing next to my bed.

“I’m sorry.” he whispered. “He’s my son and I love him very much. He;s probably the only one of my children that I truly do love. I just want to protect him. And I’m sorry about the night of the dinner I over reacted. I need to stop being so stubborn, and I need to let go and let him grow up and be the good man I know he’ll be.” he said. “Lily and I know that you’ll be the best thing to ever happen to him. You’ll be the one who keeps him straight and will stay by his side no matter what happens.” I nodded. He took my hand and placed something in it. “Don’t open it until I leave.” he leaned down kissed my forehead then walked out. I opened my hand and there was sitting the ring Kellan had given me. I slipped it on and fell asleep with a little more ease.

When I woke up the next morning my mother was there and she told me I was allowed to go home. She handed me clothes that she had grabbed before coming up. I looked down at my hand and seen the ring there and knew then that the visit from Kellan’s father wasn’t all in my head. I smiled and got dressed quickly. I signed a few papers then left. I was happy to be leaving. As she drove me home she was telling not to leave to just stay home and rest, but I wanted to go to Kellan, to show him what I had, what had been given to me by the person who was the reason it was taken from me in the first place, but I smiled when I seen his car sitting outside. I got out of the car slowly. He got out of his and I was screaming with excitement on the inside but I was staying calm on the outside. He waved and I waved back, when he smiled I smiled big and ran into his arms. Literally I ran and jumped into his arms. He fell to the ground but I never let go.

“I’ve missed you.” I whispered against his lip before I kissed him, and I didn’t give him the chance to say anything before I kissed him deeply. I missed him way to much to care about anything else. He held me tightly, just like he used to abut now there was something more behind it there was misery and he never wanted to let go.

My mom laughed at us as she walk past. I smiled at him then got up. He got up and we walked with our arms around each other. I was so excited about having him back I was just gitty about it. “How did you do it?” I asked once inside and my mom was in my bedroom fusing over dirty clothes on the floor.

“I didn’t. mom did she threaten to leave him. She put him in his place she stood up to him.” he said and then he got this proud look on his face. “She’s the second person ever to stand up to my father, and this one didn’t get fired.” I laughed. And his eyes lite up.

“So what’s gonna happen now?” I asked. He shrugged.

“Well I figured that we could start planning the wedding since I see you already got your ring back.” I smiled. “But I think we both need a vacation.”

“Yea just the two of us far away.” I said, and he nodded in agreement. When my mother came out she was holding something I didn’t want her seeing. It was some really nonexistent underwear that I had bought while away on tour and Kellan was with us.

“What’s this?” She asked giving me that look of I know what it is but I want to hear your answer.

“Mom!” I yelled and snatch the underwear from her. I couldn’t believe she was doing this. “Mom why don’t you go home to daddy he’s probably hungry I think Kellan can help me with anything I need if I need it okay?” She sighed and nodded and left after giving us both hugs, and whispering something in Kellan ear. He nodded and she left, once gone he took me in his arms picking me up bridal style and walked us both into my bed room. I was staring into his eyes the whole time. He laid me down and crawled over me and laid down. I turned so I was facing him and cuddled to his chest.

“Mine and you can’t ever leave me ever again you hear me?” I said looking up at him. He nodded kissed my forehead and told me to go to sleep. So I did, after making his promise he would be there when I woke up.