Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Nineteen: Numb To Anything Bad

{Kellan’s POV}

It was the best time of my life, I was a husband and a soon to be father. Lily was my world and I was excited about meeting my new baby. I went with her to find out what the baby was. While in the car we got stuck in traffic that had formed on the highway due to an accident. The radio was playing softly and Lily was humming along to it. I looked over her and she had her hand resting on her stomach lightly. She looked beautiful. Picture perfect.

When she stopped humming I looked over at her, she was staring down at her tummy. She looked up at me, she then grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach. I felt a faint bump against it. I smiled, and my heart fluttered. That was our baby.

“Wow.” Was all I could say. She smiled and I smiled. The traffic finally started moving and we made it to the doctors office right on time. As we sat waiting to be called in I settled into my chair holding Lily’s hand.

“The guys are going back on tour.” She whispered. “They want me to join them. It’s only a four week tour. Do you want to come?”

“Yea, but you have to promise me you’ll be careful.” She smiled and nodded. I loved my wife so much and I don’t know what I do if anything happened to her and I already love the baby and I don’t even know what it is yet.

“Lily Lutz?” A nurse called from the door that lead to the exam rooms. I helped Lily up gently and we walked in. the nurse took her weight, measured her tummy and took her blood pressure. I sat waiting patiently in the corner like a little kid who’s been punished. I moved closer to where Lily was sitting when the nurse left.

“Excited?” I nodded at her question. “Me too.” That’s when the doctor came in.

As she did the ultra sound, I stared at the screen my heart stopped when I seen our baby come into view. When you look at the screen you can see the flutter of the baby’s heart my heart stopped when I seen two flutters.

“Oh my god.” I muttered. The doctors looked at me and smiled.

“Well I guess Kellan you’ve seen it too.” I nodded. Lily looked at us confused.

“What’s going on?” I then pointed it out to her. She smiled really big. I was so happy.

We then found out that they were both boys. I was doing a happy dance all the back to the car.

That night as we laid in bed I held Lily to me rubbing her beautiful tummy. She hummed as she drew little circles into my chest. I wasn’t thinking anything. I was so content I numb to anything bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please♥