Forbidden to Remember

Chapter Twenty-One: Oh So Lucky.

{Kellan’s POV}

Walking through the grocery store picking up a few things we need at the house I never thought I’d have to worry about my wife who was home with Kristen. I’d worry if she was alone but she wasn’t, and I never excepted what happened next to happen.

I was standing in the cereal isle, deciding between honey nut cheerios or oatmeal when my cell phone started ringing. It was the house calling. I picked up.

“Hello?” I answered.

“OH MY GOD KELLAN GET HOME NOW!” Kristen screamed into the phone. She was crying hysterically and I then heard the ambulance sirens in the background. “It’s Lily, she’s been shot.” she said fading on me. I hung up and sprinted out of the store. I slid a crossed someone hood because they almost hit me. I don’t even remember getting in the car or starting it, I blinked and I was speeding down the street right before ours. I parked the car in the drive way and leaving it on, the door wide open I ran into the house. Robert was there holding Kristen to him, I pushed past them and seen the ambulance strapping Lily to a back bored, her hands were by her sides and the blood was everywhere.

Why was this happening? Was all I could think. I blinked again and I was in the ambulance with my wife holding her fragile hand in mine.

“Baby hold in there.” Were the first words to come from my lips that I remember saying.

The waiting room was my own personal hell. Lily’s parents came right away so I was glad I wasn’t alone, but I knew it was serious when my parents showed up. I cried into my mothers shoulder. As Sonya, Lily’s mom, rubbed my back.

Three code reds, eight cups of bad hospital coffee. Thirteen calls to family members on the status of my boys and my wife, eight attempts to eat something later is when a doctor came in.

“Family for Lily Lutz?” He asked. I jumped to my feet with our parents right behind me.

“How is she?” Her father said before I could manage to get my lips to part to make words.

“She’s going to be perfectly fine.” He said. Our parents sighed.

“My boys?” I asked. He took a second.

“Are where they should be. Still moms belly safe and sound.” He said. I gave the biggest sigh of relief. He then explain that who ever shot her, got her in the stomach but it missed everything. She was very lucky, and that she’d be able to home in two days. He then told us that we could go see her.

I let our parents go in first because I knew they wouldn’t stay long. Once they had left I walked over to her bed, looking down at her she smiled up at me. I leaned down and kissed my wife. She moved over a little more and I sat down next to her.

“You my love are very lucky.” I whispered to her. She nodded. “I’m just glad you and the babies are okay.” I said. “I don’t know what I’d do with out you.”

“Baby I’m not going anywhere. These boys and I are here for you.” She said. I nodded leaning in and kissing her again. When we pulled apart, I told her to rest and she leaned her head against her pillow and closed her eyes. I sat there holding her hand with on han and rubbing her belly with other and all I could was think.

I was so glad she was fine, but I wanted to know who would be so heartless to shoot a pregnant woman. I mean it’s like they couldn’t tell looking at Lily at angle you could tell.

When I got to take her home, I wouldn’t let her out of bed. She wasn’t like most woman she understood why I was doing what I was doing. Most other women would be fusing about it. Nope not Lily she was understanding.

I was making her lunch on afternoon when the door bell rang. I looked through a peep hole and a police officer was standing there. I opened the door.

“Can I help you?” I asked him.

“Yes, I’m taking it that you are Lillian’s husband?” I nodded. “Well we got who shot your wife. The woman a crossed the street was aiming at her husband and missed it went through her house and the bullet hit your wife.” He explain that she came down to the police station and she confessed.

When I went up with Lily’s lunch she was climbing back into bed from using the bathroom, and I told her what happened. She was shocked, she couldn’t believe that the couple a crossed the street was having problems. I laughed at her and eat lunch with her.

“Baby we should start thinking about names for the boys.” She said before taking a bite of her sandwich.

“Oh yea. Umm… have you any ideas?” She thought for a second.

“I like Evan.” She said. “And Nicholas, Jason and Lucas.”

“I like Jason and Lucas too… but I like Matthew and James more then Evan and Nicholas.” I said.

“I love Matthew and James.” She said. Then she put them together. “It’s perfect. Matthew James Lutz and Jason Lucas Lutz.”

“Perfect.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please♥