Blackened Sight On A Clear Night

Blackened Sight On A Clear Night: One

I kept my sunglasses covering my eyes, reaching for the bar to get my simple shot of Jack Daniels. I downed it quick, placing the glass back on the bar.

"Hey!" I heard a female voice say to the right of me. I didn’t recognize the voice, but said a simple 'hey' anyways.

"So what's a guy like you doing at a bar like this?" she asked before ordering a couple shots.

"Drinking my worries away." I sighed. She rested a hand on my back.

"Awe, well isn’t that cute. Well, cutie, what's your name?" I grunted quietly before answering.

"James." I said very simply.. I didn’t really wanna spill my life story to have her pretend to be interested.

"Well, I'm Buttons." She said, obviously smiling. Last time I checked, Buttons, was not a name. It was something on your jeans. "Why are you wearing shades, Jelly Bean?" Jelly Bean? I'm pretty sure I said my name was James, not a fruity candy. I didn’t answer. I didn’t need a pet name from a Button. "Ah, I see. Higher than a cloud?" she teased. No, I'm hiding from your ugly face I wanted to shout at her. But I was respectful to her. I mean, she doesn’t know…

"No I am not." I explained.

"So let me see you're pretty eyes, Jelly Bean." Again with the jelly beans. I think she's the one who's higher than a cloud at this point. "Well, fine. Be stubborn with Buttons. But, remember; buttons knows how to work you." She said, shoving the shot in my hand. I looked down at it, before shaking my head and downing whatever it was anyways. My throat burned after, making me growl lowly. I set the glass on the bar before ordering a bud light. I took a quick sip, letting it glide down my throat with ease.

"So, jelly bean, tell me about yourself." She said with a quiet sigh.

"Well for starters, my names James."

"Sorry Mama. What else?" Mama? What is with this girl?! If it was a girl at all…

"I'm in a band…" I said quietly.

"What kind of band?"

"A rock band."

"What do you play?"

"Drums."

"Why?" okay, I'm pretty sure I didn’t sign up for 20 questions with a complete stranger. I
came here to relax a little.

"Because it's what I do." I sighed.

"But why not Guitar or sing?"

"Because I'm better at the drums."

"Okay. So where's your groupie?"

"Not all bands have groupies…"

"Well all the big bands do. So where are yours?"

"I don’t have any." I growled at her.

"Woah, mama relax!" she said. I got up and turned to face her and went to open my mouth.

"James! Cool it!" Erik said from behind the bar. My head shot to the side to face him, and I quickly turned and headed for the door.

"Jimmy, wait up!" I heard Matt call. I stopped dead in my tracks. He placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around. "You okay?"

"No. I want to go home." I sighed.

"So just come sit with us." He insisted, leading me back to their table. I sat down on the edge, resting my head on my folded arms. A hand found its way to my back and started rubbing it gently. I slowly relaxed at their touch, loving when anyone rubbed my back.

"Wanna scoot down so I can continue this?" Buttons asked. I pushed Matt down and let her take the end seat. She continued to rub in gentle circles talking to short shit across from me. I slowly drifted into a light sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...so this is the beginning. a few comments would be nice...