‹ Prequel: Diary Of Insanity
Status: Paused

Broken

What Really Happened

Three days later I was sitting in the reception waiting for Zacky to walk through the big front doors. I had spoken to both him and Chloe about the hypnotherapy and they had said it was a good idea but Zack refused to let me go through with it unless he was in the room with me. This would be my first time seeing or talking to him in just over two weeks and I honestly could not wait for him to walk through the double doors.

I turned as the sound of the buzzer went and the silhouette of someone could be seen through the frosted glass, I instantly jumped up from my seat as the person walked though the door.

“Oh my god, Zack!” I shouted as I launched myself into his arms before he’d even fully entered the building. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as I buried my face into his shoulder, savouring the feeling of being so close to him.

“Jen I’ve missed you so damn much.” he whispered back as his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

“Sorry to break up the reunion but we’re ready for you now.” smiled Dr McCauley as she stood at the reception, waiting for Zack to sign in.

After he’d signed in as an official guest, Dr McCauley led us through the hallways as we began the short journey to her office. I noticed Zack stop and stare through windows a few times and I could tell he couldn’t believe the amount of changes that had taken place in the short amount of time since the last time he’d been there, when Matt had first brought all of the guys to meet me.

“She’s done good, hasn’t she?” I whispered as I took hold of his hand to lead him away from the windowed doors which led into the main common room. He smiled before giving my hand a gentle squeeze as we followed Dr McCauley to her office.

“I take it you haven’t been here since the renovations Mr. Baker?” Dr McCauley asked as she unlocked her office door and ushered us in.

“No I haven’t, it’s good to know Jenny’s in safe hands this time round.” I smiled up at him before walking over an taking my place on the couch, lying down and resting my head on the pillow. Zack walked over and sat in the seat next to Dr McCauley’s.

“Okay, a few things about this procedure first, I think.” She began as she started to explain everything about hypnotherapy. “As I have already explained to Jennifer here, there can be side effects, the most common are headaches and nose bleeds but there are others. We‘re going to record the session so that we can use it in further sessions…”

“Alright Jennifer I need you to clear your mind for me. You are completely at rest.” I exhaled as I followed her instructions. “Inhale deeply and exhale for me. Now at the count of five you will be completely asleep but you’re mind will be entirely open, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.”

I felt myself slip into a deep sleep or at least it felt like sleep but I could still hear the voice of Dr McCauley as loud as ever. I felt myself become surrounded by the darkness and become entirely relaxed.

“Okay Jennifer I want you to go back seven weeks ago to when you were in Arizona. I want you to go back to the day of the accident, what happened?” I heard her voice ask from far off.

“We were leaving, going home to California. I was getting stuff from the shop for the drive home and I got a call from Zack.” I replied. It was as though I was seeing the whole situation play out as I saw it that day.

“What was the phone call about?”

“I forgot to get Charlie some blueberry muffins so I had to go back to the shop. I had to cross the road to get to the car again.” I explained as I walked out of the shop, I could feel a slight pulsing in my head that was growing with every second.

“Then what happened Jennifer?” she asked as I felt a rough hand grip my own. Zack.

“I’m trying to get our son to calm down but he won’t, I can’t get him to stop crying, I’m not looking where I’m going.” the pain in my head was so intense that I could barely stand it.

“That’s not what happened Jennifer. That’s what happened in your dream, tell me what really happened.” I could tell she had raised her voice as Zack gripped my hand even tighter. “Come on Jennifer, tell me what happened. Who was driving the car?”

The scene replayed in my head as I fought through the pain, only this time I wasn’t holding mine and Zack’s son, it was just a phone and grocery bag with muffins in it and then I could hear the car breaks and I looked up as the car hit my side, just in time to see who was driving.

“Nathan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, i know it's been forever....

I do know where i want this story to go, it's getting there that's the problem for me right now
But I'm getting there...