Status: Currently on hiatus due to writer's block.

Stockholm Syndrome

Dark

Lissie didn’t answer. She kept her eyes closed and her teeth digging into her colourless lips. Everyone kept their eyes on her, waiting for an answer.

“Could have been an abortion,” Juliette input, coldly.

“It wasn’t.” Lissie answered, with a hint of malice in her voice. She opened her eyes and saw the rest of us staring at her, now expecting an answer. She took a sharp intake breath, and began her tale.

“I guess I may as well tell the whole story... I met my first boyfriend at thirteen, and after a whole year of waiting, he finally realised I liked him and he asked me out. Last year, we got a lot more serious... well you know. So I end up pregnant, get kicked out of the house. Everyone picked on me at school... 'slut, 'whore', 'skank... you name it. My boyfriend couldn't put up with it, and he stopped talking to me. So I drop out." Her voice was beginning to break, and the carefully composed, seemingly unbothered exterior was starting to slip.

“I got this job. To support myself and the kid. And than, I was like seven months pregnant. And I went for a routine check up. I wasn’t prepared for what they told me. The surgery was scheduled not long later.”

Tears began rolling down not just her cheeks, but a few of the other women in the room also.

“I named my little boy Tom. I buried him not long after naming him..."

We all looked at the teenager in shock. This was no answer we expected, Juliette got to her feet awkwardly, and sat down next to the sobbing teenager, having lost all feelings of resentment to her.

After all, it was clear the teenager only shoved Juliette as she didn't want her to suffer a similar fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad stuff huh? I'm just curious, for anyone who is actually reading this - who's your favourite character? I know I haven't dug too deep into some of the personalities yet, but if I knew what was working, that could change. :)

Oh and chapter numero 10! Woo hoo! Entering the double digits!

Random fact for you all. I was supposed to get a tooth pulled today, but the dentist actually refused to do it. Thats how petrified I was! o.O

Anyways, sorry for my nonsensical ramblings, here's your reward for bothering to read it:

'She was a bright one, there was no doubt about that. She was the only one with a fair idea as to why I had seemingly randomly brought this up.'

Until next time, my friends!