Status: Currently on hiatus due to writer's block.

Stockholm Syndrome

Apprehension

It was Juliette's time to leave.

But to everyone's surprise, she refused to leave for a while.

"It's not right," she whispered as we ushered her nearer the door. She caught a quick glimpse at the teenager who was being kept propped up against the wall.

“What’s not right?” Alanna asked in a hushed whisper, confused as to why they were both whispering in the first place.

“This isn’t that urgent -" Juliette attempted to finish her sentence, but was surprised by a sharp pain.

"She better be getting out that door," Lissie called from the corner of the room, grinning at Juliette.

"This wrong..." Juliette said in a low voice. "You should be going instead of me."

"I'm fine," Lissie sighed, as she leant back against the wall, "You are not. Just look after yourself."

Juliette looked between the door and Lissie, the worry clear on her face.

"She'll be fine," Alanna soothed as she tried to shove her out the door,

"...if anything happens-"

“Nothing will!” Erin stressed, as she rolled her eyes. Of course on the other hand, she couldn’t be sure. Two bullets and an already infected wound? Were they kidding themselves?...

"I'll be with you at the hospital before you know it." Lissie said with a small smile.

Juliette rested her hand against the door and thought for a moment, and then made a move that surprised everyone. She shot like a rocket across the room and enveloped Lissie in a big hug, and let her tears fall.

“Please forgive me Lissie! I didn’t mean any of those awful things that I said to you...”

Lissie, looking a tad surprised, returned the hug, patted the older woman on the back and whispered, “It’s ok. I’m fine it’s all ok. You need to concentrate on you now. You go have yourself a gorgeous, healthy baby. And when you do before we get out of here, I want you to ring this place and inform us. To give me some of piece of mind.”

Juliette laughed a little before continuing, ”You piece of mind? If it wasn’t for me, you’d be fine. You took a bullet...”

“Two,” Lissie corrected, “and in the process I tackled you to the ground and caused you your reason for leaving.”

“Better than two bullets to the chest.” Juliette smiled fondly as she said the last part. The two women hugged tighter, before Alanna went over and led Juliette towards the door, checking it was still safe outside.

“As soon as it happens, call,” Lissie demanded.

“I will,” Juliette promised as she walked out the door, to hopefully greener pastures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait for updates; I have hardly any of the next chapter written. This is story is definitely nearing a close, and it won't be long now!

Ta-ta for now! Ah heck, here is a small taster, not much done though...

'Her condition quickly deteriorated and her face lost every last ounce of colour.'

Til next time!