Status: Currently on hiatus due to writer's block.

Stockholm Syndrome

Gone, Like New Year's Resolutions

I slammed down the phone and turned to the group. Even though it was quite clear who they'd vote to be released, I still believed in democracy. I faced my little posse and cleared my throat. All the girls down the back snapped their heads up immediately. Juliette was still whimpering in pain, Alanna shush her to listen, and Lissie looked as if she was in another world altogether.

"Ok my pals, here's the deal," I began as I recounted my strange phone call, "I got a call from the boys in blue. And they want me to release a hostage. Now I already have an idea of who that could be," - and at these words nearly everyone turned to look at Juliette with a variety of expressions - "but I still want everyone to have their say."

Alanna spoke first. "I think it's clear who we're choosing. Two hostages in one - right Juliette?" Almost the rest of the women nodded at this, bar one. Lissie sat in her corner, speechless, her eyes unfocused. Belle loudly cleared her throat, and Lissie sighed and turned to the rest.

"Alright then. All in favour of choosing Juliette to be released, raise your hand." I commanded. Six hands, including my own shot up immediately. We all eyed Lissie warily, until she grudgingly raised her right hand to signal the seventh and final vote.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapters guys, but it will get good soon! :)