In Love With The Theatre's Ghost?

How d'ye do?

'Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit Shit.' I thought. I was crawling beneath one of the platforms in the pit trying to find one of the stupid black lights that had turned off during the rehearsal for our newest production "Alice in Wonderland" and coincidentally all the lights were turned off making my life extra hard.

"Crap!" Swear to God that platform's leg popped out of nowhere.

"One of these days I'm going to end up dying in this theatre."

A light, masculine chuckle seemed to come from beside me but I dismissed it as one of the actor's voices echoing off the wall. One of the guys must've heard me talking to myself.

'Great, now I must seem even more like a loon. No wonder I've never had a boyfriend.'

My blue eyes peered into the darkness trying to find that good for nothing black light when all of a sudden the heavens fell before me and I'm pretty sure I heard a chorus of angels singing Hallelujah.

The black light flickered.

Mini-victory dance ensues followed shortly by hitting my arm on the stupid leg again.

I crawled towards where I saw it flicker making sure to watch where I was going, as well as one can in the dark, and keeping less weight on the arm I just hit. I probably looked like some anorexic, waddling walrus as I made my way beneath the platform towards my destination.

"Ugh, gross!"

Alright, I'm beating up whoever stuck their gum down here cause that's just not right. Today must not be my day.

I heard that chuckle again but it sounded closer then before. 'Hmm...I must be right next to the side of the stage he's on or something.'

I continued my intrepid journey until I felt something cold brush my hand. Plus, the black light temporarily blinding my unadjusted eyes might also have helped me stop my trip too. I fixed the plug on the bane of my existence.

"And that, my friends, is what I call a job well done" 'Who the hell am I talking to?'

I felt something cold run across my back. "Geez, it's cold in here." I shivered and put my hands on my arms in a lame attempt to keep myself warm.

"That's not the A.C., love." I heard that same masculine chuckle as before next to me. Then I saw a pair of green orbs flash in front of me. I fell from my position of sitting on the balls of my feet to flat on my butt with my eyes wide as saucers.

"If you think I'm waxwork, you ought to pay, you know. Waxworks weren't made to be looked at for nothing. Nohow!" "Contrariwise. If you think I'm alive, you ought to speak." "You've begun wrong. The first thing in a visit is to say, 'How d'ye do?' and shake hands." He quoted as the rest of the body appeared like the Cheshire Cats.

The boy seemed around my age if not quite a bit taller then me seeing as I only stood at about 5' with eyes the color of emeralds and hair as dark as midnight.

"...or we could start off with me saying 'Boo' and you fleeing before me but I've grown quite tired of that so if we could skip that it'd be terrific."

I just gapped at him. I was at a total loss of words until...

"How d'ye do?"
♠ ♠ ♠
The thing he quoted was Tweedledee's and Tweedledum's lines. I was a techie for the production of "Alice in Wonderland" at my school so I stole it off of my script.