In Love With The Theatre's Ghost?

Onward To Excalibur!

I finally made my way down the steps and to the car but instead of getting on the passenger’s side I went up to the driver’s window and made a motion for Aria to roll down her window and leaned against it.

“What’s a pretty little thang like you doin’ in a tough hood like this, boo?” She rolled her eyes at me and laughed.

“Stop trying to act ghetto and get in the car.”

“Sho nuff sugah. Oh, and for future reference I don’t have to act ghetto just look at my neighborhood and you can tell it’s all in my blood.”

Okay, that wasn’t true. Where I lived wouldn’t constitute as a hood but as a borderline hood as I’m told. I lived where the po’ folk lived. Yes, I totally just did a Nappy Roots reference and I’m darn proud of it.

“Yeah, whatever.” She put the car in reverse and backed out of my driveway slowly. I raced around to the other side and hopped into the car.

“You could’ve waited you know.”

“I know.” Was her stupid smug reply as I buckled my seatbelt.

I looked out the window to pass the time and all I could think about was what happened with Aidan. Aria wasn’t suspicious of my silence; I didn’t talk a lot during car rides unless something came up.

‘It really is all my fault that he left. I should’ve just been happy that he was back or noticed that there was something wrong with him. I know I shouldn’t because it’ll make him mad if I pry but I really want to know what’s wrong with him.’ I wasn’t sure what it was but it was evident that I felt connected to him in some weird way.

“Hey, Serenity! Snap out of it. We’re at Anya’s house.”

“Alrighty then. Onward men…er…woman to Excalibur!” I jubilantly opened my door forgetting my previous thoughts and saving them for a time when I could really think about them.

I skipped up the sidewalk and up the steps to her apartment door speeding way past Aria who was walking. I knocked on her door.

“Who is it?” I heard a muffled reply before hearing a banging sound followed by some words not appropriate for some viewers.

“It’s the milkman coming to claim you as his bastard child.” She swung open the door and jabbed her finger in my face.

“I knew it! I’m calling Oprah.”

“Don’t you think this is a bit more like Jerry Springer?” I raised my eyebrows at her but she merely shrugged in response.

“Sure, but Oprah will give us free stuff.”

“Ahh, point taken.” I heard Aria behind me as she finally made her way up the steps.

‘Slow poke.’

“Do I even want to know what you two are talking about?” I looked at Anya.

“Should we?”

“Nah, I don’t think she could take it.”

“Me either.” I looked at Aria’s exasperated face.

“Does that answer your question?”

“You guys are so weird.”

“You’re the one hanging out with us so what does that say about you?” There goes Anya with her smart mouth. Gotta love her.

“That I should probably be sent to the funny farm for even associating with you.”

“If you want I could staple some of that bed foam stuff to the walls in your room.” Anya wasn’t the only one with a smart mouth apparently. It was something I had acquired through hanging out with Anya over the years.

“Would you really?” I saw her eyes light up like a kid on Christmas who had already eaten through a half bag of Hershey Kisses and downed an entire two liter bottle of coke.

“Sure, that can be your birthday present.” I rolled my eyes. She would probably hold me to it too.

“Alright, as fun as this has been I think we’re about to be late for theatre so get out of my door way.” Anya made a shooing motion before booty bumping me out of her way so she could lock the door.

“Geez, pushy pushy. She’s right though. I’d rather not have Mrs. Morgan eat my head off and then suck my entrails through a bendy straw.”

“Well, that was a lovely visual Ren.”

“No problem, sugah. It’s why I was put on this Earth.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally, I think this chapter is a little awkward. Here's to hoping that the next one's better!