Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Out Cold

Both wolves charged at each other, snarling as they tried to bite and kick at each other. Jake was quick to take the upper hand, but fell back when he made a mistake. His eyes shifted to mine as I watched in horror. He immediately backed down a bit, he no longer wished to fight with so much aggression as when it started.

"Mom, we have to do something." Nanuq shook me.

"Huh?" I shook my head as I turned to look at him before I turned around back to fight.

My son was bleeding from his hind legs, Jake bleeding from his neck. "Aarluk!" I shouted as worried mother. "Fight it, don't lose control!"

"Mom, you can do it." Nanuq whispered and I nodded.

The wind picked up and my eyes changed color as I blinked. It took all of my might to concentrate on both attacking wolves. Once I had both of their bodies in my "vision" I spread my hands apart to either side of me. Both wolves were thrown apart. They whined and thrashed as they floated in the air. My body trembled and my strength faded as I held both thrashing Alpha wolves apart and in the air. Never had I done something like this, two alpha wolves being controlled seperatly at the same time while they were fighting for domanance and most of all, fighting against my domanance.

"Kay!" I heard a few shouts before I dropped my arms down on my sides. My knees collapsed and sent me down to the ground painfully. My eyes shut down like heavy clasps. The last thing I remember was falling forward onto the grass.

"Mom?" I heard both of my sons call out as my hands were held.

I moved my head from side to side as I tried to awake from my unwanted faint. My eyes blinked quickly as they tried to clear out the blur that laid before me. From the smells, I could tell that everyone was around me. But, we were no longer outside, we were in Carlisle's private labratory.

"Why is everyone crowded around?" I groggily asked as I sat up.

"Mom!" The boys cheered as they engulffed me in bone crushing hugs.

"Cuz!" Deb joined the hugs.

"Ow." I hissed and they immediately let me go.

"Sorry." They mummbled taking a step back.

I shook my head and stood up, my human part of me showing a bit more than usual as I tripped. Thinking I was going to hit the floor, a pair of arms caught me. Two large, strong hands held me. Their scent hit me, Emmet.

"Thanks." I mumbled as I stood up, my balance back. "We should leave now."

"What??" Everyone asked.

I nodded, "Aarluk, your lycan blood is too strong. The alpha in you is too strong."

"That explains the attack back there...." Jasper added.

"Wait, are you saying that if you hadn't intervieaned like you did that it would have been a dual to the death?" Alice asked.

"Or whoever backed down first." Nanuq said.

"So, can't we just keep the mutt away from the kid?" Emmet asked.

"Not as easy as it sounds." Carlisle and I said at the same time.

"They have already come in contact, their bloods are marked. Both have the Alpha in them, just need to see whose is more dominant." Deb said.

"What is there to be done?" Emmet pressed.

//Ed, keep your boy in check. Will ya?// I sent to Edward.

"I don't know." I shook my head. "I don't know."