Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Tree Jumping

I sat on the top of the tallest tree deep in the forest to think, the large, illuminating full moon lighting everything for me. My eyes were glued up to the dark sky as I thought. The cool breeze felt good, it blew my hair around me. There were no sounds except for those of birds and other small creatures that called this place home. The stillness of air was what kept me alert.

"Kay!" A voice called from the bottom of my tree.

My body fell backwards, and sent me down to the ground at an alarming speed. A second before I was to hit the floor, I flipped up right and landed silently on the ground. My eyes shifted and before me stood Sam Urley. My jaw clenched as I saw him stand before me. "What do you want mutt?"

He sighed, "I want to apologize for what happened back there-"

I cut him off with a hiss, "Cut the bullshit and tell me what you really came here for."

He smirked, "Same old Kay, same old. Anyway, "He sighed, " I wanted to talk to you about your son."

"As in son, you mean just Aarluk," I said flat.

He nodded, "His were-"

"Shapeshifter, "I corrected.

"Right." He agreed, "is too strong for him to be able to control properly. He needs to be trained and educated on how to control his emotions and feelings."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest, "So you want to take him, basically, and train him to be a loyal mutt to your pack? All because he is a decendent of the first 'alpha'."

He nodded, "I have spoken to Jake about this, and has agreed." I hissed at him with anger, making him stop for a second. "He agrees. And now, I have come to ask you for permission."

I turned my back to him, my body crouching, ready to spring back up the tree. "My son is old enough to make his own decisions. Let him do as he wishes, I control no one." And I jumped.

Sitting back on the top, I listened for the mutt. He sighed and waited a minute or so before he took off. His strong dog smell was left all over this region. "Damn, how do mutts stand smelling themseves." I sighed.

"Do you mind some company?" Someone else shouted from below.

"Depends." I shouted back as I sniffed the air, my savior had come back to me.

"I'll take that as a yes." He mused as he spoke while swiftly climbing up the tree. It didn't take him at all to sit next to me on the branch. "What's with you, mama?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing, just thinking. Why?"

I felt his pretty big size shrug, "Just asking. I wanted to apologize for walking off like that."

"Yeah." I nodded. "But next time you wish to run before me and stop a charging mad woman, warm me. I could accidentally hurt you instead of her."

He chuckled, "I promise. What were you going to do to her anyways?"

It was my turn to smirk at him, "Wait and see, my friend."

"You are so no fun." He whined leaning back a bit onto another branch behind us.

"Later." I mused and fell forward.

I heard him gasp and shout for me as I tumbled down closer and closer to the ground. The tree shook as he made the attempt to catch me as I fell, but I only pushed myself to the side and landed against a tree like a kuala. I smirked as I saw him glare at me as he fell down past me. Not thinking much of it, I jumped from tree to tree all the way back to the Cullen residence. Only to run into a tearfull Nanuq who ran past me followed by a crazed Deborah....