Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Nanuq...

"Kay!" My cousin shouted with wide tearful eyes.

"What happened?" I asked as I watched my son run into the forest.

She stopped to take a deep breath before she could speak, her dark shoulder lenght hair and somewhat pale tan skin glisten in the moon light. Her stature pretty short, only an inch or so taller than Alice. "Jake."

I hissed once I heard his name.

"What's going on?" A voice called behind us. The breeze told me it was Emmet.

Turning back to my cousin, I asked, "What happened? Why did Nanuq just run off?"

"Jake." She repeated. "Sam, too. They came here for Aarluk, and only him. Nanuq was pushed to the side, totally." Her face and voice dropped. "They came here to take Aarluk for some sort of training and left with him. Nanuq was locked up in his room for a bit and now ran out."

"JAKE!" I growled with anger.

"What about him?" Bella asked as she, Alice, Jasper, Edward and Nessie stepped outside.

"Your to-be son-in-law just threw my son to the side because he is a vampire!" I hissed.

Bella gasped, "He did what?"

"What matters now is that if we can find him." Carlisle spoke as he and Emse walked out of the large, white mansion.

"I'll help." Emmett was quick to volunteer.

I sighed and shook my head, "Not worth it."

"What do you mean it's not worth it? He is your son." Edward spoke to me.

Deborah spoke for me, "What my cousin is tring to say is that isn't not possible. We shouldn't waste our efforts on searching for him."

"I don't understand." Esmee asked. "All you need to do is track down his scent."

"One of his gifts." I whispered saddly as I looked up at the moon.

"What gift?" Jasper asked.

"He can hide his own scent." Edward spoke after I told him mentally.

"So." Emmett cut in looking at Alice, "Alice look in your mind."

Alice gave a nod from the corner of my eye, and she closed her eyes. We waited for a few seconds before she opened her eyes. Her face grim, "I can't see him."

"Cuz," Deb spoke up, "Let's do a perimeter sweep to see if he is around here or not."

I nodded and was about to take off when Carlisle spoke, "We'll help."

"That's-" I was about to speak when he cut me off.

"No." He shook his head, "You are part of this family now, and we stick together."

"He is right and I'm going with you." Emmett volunteered.