Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

The Creek

"Can we jump out and run it there?" Aarluk asked as I sped through the dirt road like mad with three Hummers right behind me.

"Alright." I nodded. "Be careful that you don't get seen."

"We got this, Kay." Seth cheered.

"Clothes, boys." Deb shouted as the car hit a ramp, flew and came down with a crash.

"Don't peak." Both boys shouted.

"Not like I haven't seen either of you naked before," I chuckled with Deb as I turned to the left.

"Windows!" Both shouted.

With one hand on the steering wheel, I used the other to hit the switch. As soon as both windows were down, I heard them jump out. From my windshield I saw both wolves on either side of me and then run infront of me then disappear.

"Here come a few more wolves." Deb shouted as she looked back.

From my side mirrors and rear view mirror, I saw a few wolves running now towards the other two. Like the previous two, they ran and disappeared as they hit short cuts.

"What is going on?" Edward's voice sounded in my head. "Why did they jump out and faze?"

"They are having fun," I told him in my mind. "Just running there instead of going at our pace."

"I'll tell the others." And that was the end of it.

"So Kay." Deb got my attention. "What's with you and Emmett?"

"What?!" I shouted as I looked at her in disbelief.

"You herd me." She smirked. "I see a certain twinkle in his eyes every time he sees you. You know as well as I do that he wants you as his ma-AY!" She didn't finish because I immediately hit the brakes.

The tires screamed as they skid to a stop on the dirt road. As soon as it stopped, I jumped out of the car, barely missing the other Hummers that just skid past me to a stop. "You drive it home!" I shouted and ran on foot.

"What now?!" Edward screamed in my head.

"I'm taking a detour." I told him as I ran across and up towards the mountains. "Follow Deb, she will take you there."

"......Carlisle wants to send some of us with you."

"No! Don't follow me, leave!" I jumped up a tree and climbed all the way up.

Once up there, I peered at them from my height. I saw them starting up their cars, the Golden one having problems; in it: Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme. Emmett came out of the car with both vampire parents right after him. His head was turned in the direction that I ran in, his topaz eyes looking for me; I didn't need to look inside of his mind to know that. Once they spotted me, they held their ground.

"Screw this." I hissed standing up as the breeze hit.

Turning my back, I let myself fall forward towards the ground. The air felt good on me as I plummeted the hundred of feet down at an alarming rate. Once on the ground, I landed with a soft thud and ran towards a small creek that was a few miles away from my home. As I ran, hoped tree to tree, and jumped here and there, I could have sworn I had someone following me.

"Probably an animal." I tried to reassure myself as I kept on running.

To be on the safe side, I ran at full speed towards the small creek. Image Sitting on the large rock, I watched the river go by and dipped my bare feet in the ice cold water. My feet turned a bright red as they sent warm energy currents into the water, making it warm around my freezing feet. Keeping myself warm by holding my arms close to my chest, I watched the fish swim around the hot water.

Branches snapping snapped me out of it. The breeze blew towards the area it came from, giving them my sent and hiding theirs from me. Instantly, I pulled my feet out of the water and stood up. Just as I did, a large corpse of a buck was thrown at me feet.

"What the hell?" I whispered as I inspected the dead animal.

A familiar chuckle from behind me made my heart almost die right then and there. "Wha-at do you want with me?" I stuttered as I looked forward in fear.

"You know what I want." That same voice whispered in my ear, their cool breath making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"James." I whispered as the breeze blew his scent to me................
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!