Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Emmett's Midnight Visit

That night, I told them what happened and headed to my room for rest. Like everyone would, they all freaked out, Carlisle had them do bigger perimeter guarding. As I laid in my room, I saw in my mind the same scene that happened with James and me. It kept on repeating, the outcome changing on whether or not Emmett and Aarluk would have come or if I would have done something to him. Sighing, I rolled to my side. Something inside told me that James didn't have Nanuq. That this was something totally different than that.

"Go to sleep." A voice told me as they came into my room.

"Emmett," I sighed as he appeared infront of me on a chair.

"That's me," he smirked.

"I see." I nodded. "I'm glad that you know your name, you are successfully smarter than an infant."

"Ahhh," he mumbled. "Don't judge what you don't know."

I nodded, "I'll try to remember that."

"Why don't you let anyone in?" He asked, suddenly above me.

"What the fuck???" I asked with wide eyes as the large beast was above me.

"Say you will out with me and I'll let you sleep in peace." He smirked down to me.

"And if I refuse?" I asked glaring at him.

He stopped to think about his choices. Waiting patiently, I turned to my window and saw the large beautiful moon peering into us. "If you refuse," I turned to look at him now." you will have broken my heart."

His choice of words shocked me. Something deep inside of my mind told me to go for it, but the wiser part said to reject it. To reject it no matter how much it would hurt me or him. But, it was for his safety. "I'm sorry Emmett." I turned my head back to the great moon. "But we can't."

"Why not?" He barely chocked out.

"It is for your own good." I didn't look at him. "Just leave."

A silent tear dropped down from one eye as I stared out the window.

"Not until you give me a reason why." He told me.

"It's for your own good." I whispered. "Leave!"

"N-"

"I said 'Leave'!" I shouted even louder and closed my eyes.

This time, the vampire had no other choice but to leave. Expecting to hear the door open close, hearing the balcony door open and close was what made me open my eyes. Sitting up, I pulled my legs to my chest and cried softly. How long I have waited for someone to love me and risk his life for me. And thanks to that bastard, I can't have him in my life. All because I was stupid back then with my emotions, look at the hole I dug around me.

Emmett's P.O.V.
"Reminds me so much of us," Bella sighed. "Don't you think so Edward?"

"Yes," my brother nodded. "It is almost the same, but the James factor is an added bonus."

"Why can't she see that," I held my head, "she doesn't need to worry about my safety? That I can take care of myself. Take care of her."

"Son," Emse comforted me as I sat on the couch with a hand on my shoulder. "You must look at it from her perspective. Obviously she as been hurt before, and still is hurting."

"She is right, Emmett." Kay's cousin spoke. "My cousin is hurt, hurt like you wouldn't believe. From that idiot mutt over there," we all turned to the mutt Jacob, "and because of that bastard James."

"Just give her time," Alice sang, now appearing on my lap. "She does care about you, she has shown it. Look at how great Bella and Edward turned out." My eyes now shifted to my brother, envy running through my veins now. "Remember all the pushing Edward did?" I nodded. "And look at them now, Edward gave in with his love so great for her."

"More like I was forced to." Edward smirked. "She was a hazard to all living things."

"Edward!" Bella protested elbowing my chuckling brother.