Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

James and His Followers

Squinting, I crouched down low to the ground as I skid us to a stop. Tree branches cracked and dirt skid everywhere. Shuffling of limbs shook me awake. A pair of arms grabbed me and pulled me behind them. Luna's nails clawed deep into my flesh as she trembled and screamed.

"Shush," I hissed.

Emmett stood protectively in front of us with Jasper and Edward at his sides. My eyes pulsed as they shifted to red. They kept moving around as they searched for where the intruder was. Harsh breathing clouded up my hearing.

"James." Emmett hissed with a low growl.

"Kaaay." Jame's voice rang taunting me.

As soon as his voice rang in my ears, I felt myself weaken up. Fear crept throughout my body and made me tremble. Luna's nails were what kept me from fully losing it.

"Aww." He sang, "Didn't mean to scare you. You'll be safe when you are back in my arms. After all, where else were you ever safe? Surely not his..."

"Show yourself!" Emmett growled like an animal, his voice and tone striking a new fear into my system.

//Kay,// Edwards voice spoke in my mind. //You and Emmett are going to make a run for it.//

//What about you guys?//

//We'll stay and hold 'em off while you guys make a break for it.//

//...Emmett won't run, he is way too pissed off.//

"Did I offend you?" Jame's toyed with Emmett as he stepped out of the trees with a few followers.

Five giant vampires followed behind him like dogs, all ivory white, red eyes, and dark hair. They all looked like they were related to him. Jame's eyes met mine the instant he came out, a giant smirk was plastered on his face.

"That's it!" Emmett roared as he charged at him. "You're mine!"

"Emmett!" We all shouted as the other vamps were quick to jump in.

"Kay!" Deb shouted as she pulled on my arm. "Let's go!"

"...Right." I nodded slowly as I couldn't pry my eyes off of Emmett.

"Kay...." Luna's trembling voice pushed me to go. "I'm scared."

"Don't be." I told her sternly as I turned around and ran after Deb.

"Kay!" Jame's voice roared after me. "Don't you DARE run away from me!"

"Leave her alone!" Emmett roared behind us.

Fear for Emmett ran up and down my spine as I ran as hard and fast as I could over the snow. Our speed so fast that we didn't even leave a single mark on the ground. All around us were trees, snow, mountains, and more snow. There was no sun in the sky, just clouds to match the snow. Everything zipped past that it made me a little dizzy but I struggled after my cousin's form in front of me.

"How much further?" Luna whispered as she cuddled deep into my back.

"A few more hours." I whispered.

After a few hours of running, we stopped out of breath by a stream. I gently fell on my knees and lowered a slumbering Luna on the ground next to us. Deb and I collapsed right next to each other catching our breaths. My lungs felt so dry and out of breath. We were running like mad for hundreds of miles and we were still part human. We don't have that vampire gene that numbs those feelings of tiredness. The good thing was that we were at a lower altitude that was warmer that up north.

"We are close right?" Deb wheezed.

"I think so." I nodded closing my eyes.

"So tired." She coughed. "Water!" She literally drank the water like a cat.

"Wow." I chuckled as I sat up to cup some water to drink.

"Do you think they know where to find us?" Deb asked.

"Yeah." I sighed with a nod, Emmett's face and voice same into mind.

"Emmett?" She whispered looking at me with a sad expression.

"Yeah." I nodded and laid back down next to Luna.

"We should sleep." Deb yawned.

"Luna." I nudged her with my eyes closed.

"Huh?" She breathed out in relief and sat up.

"Keep watch while we rest." Deb said as she laid at my side.

"Alright." I could hear her open up the backpack we gave her.

//Where are you guys?// Edward shouted in my mind.

//Near...a..stream....//

//Are you okay, Kay? Did you escape?? Where are you??// Emmett's voice rang in my mind.

//Emmett!// I cheered with a smile.

//Where are ya', babe?// I could picture and hear him smile.

//By...a...stream...ti-// And I was out.............................

A crackling fire and the smell of burning wood woke me up. Opening my eyes, I saw a blanket on me. I sat up with tired eyes, the darkness telling me it was pretty late. Luna was sleeping at my side. Standing up, I covered her back up with the blanket we were sharing. We were all alone, but the dirt on the ground showed me that we were once accompanied.

"You're awake." Someone whispered, wrapping their arms around me from behind.

"Emmett!" I smiled turning around to face him with his giant smile.

My eye narrowed when I saw him. There were a few scratches on his diamond hard face. Taking a step back, I saw his clothes were a bit torn and had a few blood stains. I gasped and backed up a bit as I saw him like this for the first time ever.

"I'm fine." He told me dropping his smile a little and taking a step towards me with his arms wide open for me.

"What happened to you??" I whispered as I kept looking over him.

"James and his followers." He shrugged it like it was nothing. "I'm fine, Kay. Really."

"Emmett." I whispered as I placed my open hand on the side of his face. "I'm sorry, like you wouldn't believe. I should have been the one to fight him, not-"

He just silenced me with his lips.