Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

FLowers

I opened up my eyes after I closed them once I saw Jacob and fell asleep. My body was still tired and I could feel all these tubes connected to me and machines. It felt weird as I felt my veins being pumped with foreign material. The room was empty and I was relaxed for once. Not all of my strength was back, but I had enough right now.

First things first, with a grunt I ripped off all of the tubes. The machines gave an annoying beeping sound that I'm sure that everyone herd. But I didn't wait for them to come up here, I got up and went to my balcony. Opening the doors, I stepped out and jumped down three large flights. My feet gave a small pat as they landed on the ground. With a wave of my hand, a pair of simple black wedge heels appeared down at my feet. Not thinking much of it, they slipped on and tied themselves up. The cool breeze moved my braided hair, my silk black pj pants, silk tank top, and sent some chills up from my toes all the way up. Shrugging, I walked at human pace towards the training grounds where I was sure the others were.

"You're supposed to breathe in and excel everything out from your nose." Jacob scolded.

"Dad!" Nanuq and Aarluk's voices groaned.

"Jake, don't you think your are being hard on the boys?" Embry asked.

"Boys, you need more discipline." Sam bored on.

"Training is funner with mom." Nanuq groaned loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah," Aarluk tried to catch his breath. "And you are out numbering us."

"Well," Jacob went on to scold them as I sat on a tree branch and blocked their minds from finding me. "Your mother didn't teach you the right stuff. You guys are pretty weak."

"We were taught differently." Nanuq rolled his tired eyes.

"We learned to control our powers and master them." Aarluk added.

"Well your mo-" I cut Jake off as I jumped out of the tree and landed right behind him.

"What about me, Jakey?" I glared and winked at my smiling boys.

"Kay!" He and the others jumped up in shock.

"When did you get here, Kay?" Quil patted my back with a chuckle.

"Yeah, we didn't sense you at all." Embry added.

"Powers." The twins and I said smiling.

"Alright Kay." Jake turned around to face me. "Since you are such a good teacher, why don't you teach these boys how to fight? Aarluk needs to fight more in his wolf form, not so much in human. And Nanuq needs to fight more with his hands than his powers."

"That's it?" I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"The floor is all yours." He bowed with a smirk. The rest of the wolves stopped training and stopped to watch.

"Boys." My voiced boomed a little and they stood up straight like soldiers awaiting orders. "Aarluk, wolf form. Nanuq, relax your insides." And I turned to the now giant wolf, "You too."

"That's it Kay?" Jake mocked me. "That's your big teaching secret?"

"Shut up." I glared back at him.

"What's our target?" Nanuq smirked and Aarluk nodded with a howl.

"Me" I turned around to find the wolf boy raising an eyebrow.

"But you-" The all started to complain but I cut them off with a deep growl.

"Attack!" I shouted. The boys didn't need another warning to charge at me.

Both were quick to charge at me from the same direction but I was quick to counter them. I grabbed Nanuq's fist and lunged him to the side against Aarluk and they both flew to the side. They were quick to get up growling and charge once again. This went on for quite a bit, they charged at me at the same speed and direction over and over again. Over and over again did I crash them against each other and into the tree harder and harder each time.

"Boys!" I shouted as they wobbled to stand up. "Team work. If something doesn't work the first time, chances are they won't work the next 20 or so times. Attack at all angles. See things from your enemies' perspective not just yours. Think out strategies, use your telepathy more."

"What about our powers." Nanuq groaned and Aarluk whined.

"Your powers won't work if you don't have enough energy." I told them. "Look what happened to me." I twirled around, my scars still showing. "You need to learn to be well rounded in your fighting abilities."

"Can we take a breather?" Nanuq asked.

"No." I didn't say anything else and ran at them.

Their eyes widened as I was ready with my spear hand but they got out of the way fast enough. My hand went right through the tree's center and twisted my body around sharply. The tree lashed out of my hand and went right for them.

"Aarluk," Nanuq shouted. "Run it."

He was quick to follow his brother's command, he jumped on the tree and ran across it towards me. Nanuq appeared behind me and tried to round house kick me from behind. What he didn't or any of them expect was for me to slide down in a fraction of a second doing a horizontal split. There was a little bit of gasping as I pounded my palms on either side of my torso and jumped right back up. Just as I stood vertical, I did a backward bend to the ground just as Nanuq stood there frozen and Aarluk pounced on his frozen brother.

"Boys." I chuckled as I saw them sprawled up against the tree.

"What was that, Kay?" Jacob criticized me.

"Wh-" I didn't get to say much because the twins used that opportunity to tag team me from either side.

I growled as I stud up a little wobbly from the long skid I did, I could feel some blood tickling down the side of my leg like I had tried to slid into home plate playing vampire baseball. That's when I took it up a notch.

Emmett's P.O.V.

"Kaay?" I smiled as I carried some stargazer lilies, that I got when we went hunting, in my hand as I used the other to open the door.

My eyes looked all over for her but I couldn't find her. Sniffing the air, I could smell her scent going out the window. A deep growl came from my throat as the worst case scenarios all flashed at the speed of light in my mind. Clutching the flowers tight, I leaped out of the balcony after her scent. I calmed down a bit when I realized she would be alright, only her scent was in the air.

I slowed down a bit to straighten myself up a little. Gently with trembling hands, I fixed the flowers so they were presentable though I did accidentally crushed a few...

Kay's P.O.V.

"Now that's how you train your kids." I told an amazed Jacob as I tried to catch my breath.

"That was.." Nanuq tried to catch his breath laying down on the floor next to a panting Aarluk. "Tough, yet..fun."

"I'm tired." I breathed deeply and fell on my butt. "Wake me up when September ends."

"Isn't that a song?" Jacob asked as he sat up at my side.

"Yeah." I nodded closing my eyes. "That one song written years ago."

"I know." He said, "I remember you playing it in your car."

//Good, you still remember a little of me.// I whispered in his mind.

//Why wouldn't I remember you, Kay?//

//Just thought that you forgot about me when I left those years ago.// I opened my eyes slowly to look at him.

//I couldn't forget you even if I tried with all my might.// He laughed a husky laugh.

//You make it sound like I was a big handle.//

"Do you want an honest answer?" He laughed harder now.

"Don't be a dick." I laughed as I shoved his side.

"Woooah." Nanuq looked at us weirdly. He and his brother sat on the floor looking at us like we had lost our mind. Even Aarluk had his ears perched high, tail stiff, and eyes confused. "You guys are actually getting along?"

"We aren't all animals." Jake told them.

"He's just mad that when he was still 'human', I guess, I could kick his butt." I laughed.

"No you didn't!" Jake was quick to whine protesting.

"Yeah she did!" Embry and Quil shouted booming in laughter.

Everything got a little quiet as they all turned into wolves and began some more training further away from us. Aarluk fell asleep like a dead dog, he laid on back with all his fours up in the air. Nanuq laid on his back with his legs and arms spread apart as he drooled and snored like a beast.

"He snores like you do." I smiled at my sleeping boy as I sat up.

"Yeah...he does." Jake whispered lost in his thoughts.

"I'm hungry." I mumbled as I placed a hand on my stomach just as it roared to life with hunger.

Jake turned to face me, "I'll take you hunting if you like."

"No you won't." A voice threatened as its owner walked in our direction.....