Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Back Soon

Emmett's P.O.V.

"I killed her." I held my head panicking as I saw how motionless she was.

My hands gripped tight on either side of my head as I stared down her motionless body. Her eyes were closed and she looked so fragile. She laid on her side, her skidded face facing me. Lightly tanned arms were positioned like it was staged. One was under her head, like it was protecting it, bent and the other laid out straight. Kay's body was frozen right before it turned over fully onto her stomach. Lastly, her legs were spread a bit apart.

"You son of a bitch!" The twins roared as they both attacked me at once.

They punched and kicked me all together as they cried for their mother. My body was numb. I felt nothing and herd nothing. All I focused on was, what had I done?

Kay's P.O.V.
//De-e-eh-b// My mind was pained as everything hurt. //I can't move, breathe, or open my eyes. Where am I?//

"Shhhh." She whispered as her hand gently caressed my head, soothing out my hair back.

"What happened?" I winced as my voice came raspy and scratched at my throat like daggers.

"That bastard knocked the hell out of you." Nanuq hissed.

"He will stay away from you, mom." Aarluk added, two large hands grabbed each of mine and squeezed lightly. Both of the hands were slightly different temperatures one was slightly hotter than the other.

"What did you two do?" I asked forcing my eyes open.

"They beat the crap out of him." Alice waltzed into the room with Jasper watching me like a hawk.

I chuckled a little bit but stopped as the movement made me feel like more parts of me were breaking. "Ow." I winced. "Rosalie?" I asked.

"She learned her lesson." Deb smirked. "She is in the next room."

"Urgh." I rolled my eyes, observing the tubes all attached to me.

"Don't go off trying to rip them off, Kay." Edward came in followed by Carlisle.

"They are helping keep you alive and stable." Carlisle looked at me sternly.

"Carlisle, I'm so sorry." I plead him. "I lost cont-"

He rose his hand in the air as a signal to stop. "Don't worry about it Kay. I know what you are going through. You had it welled up for so long it just burst open with Rosalie's comments. You need to learn to control your emotions and how you express your feelings. A girl of your knowledge should know that."

"I'm sorry." I looked down, disappointment radiating all throughout them.

"Kay." Alice tried to cheer me up. "It's okay. We still love you, I love you. So does Jasper, right?" She elbowed her protective partner roughly and swiftly.

"Of course." He nodded with a grunt.

"How much longer will she be attached to the tubes?" Aarluk asked.

"A few days." Carlisle said as he checked the machines. His hands and eyes moved as he went through it all in his mind.

"Hello." Luna knocked on the door and received all our attention. "Nani wanted to see her grandmother." Right she was, the little girl squealed in joy as she flexed her hands open and closed in my direction.

"Is it safe?" Jasper was first to ask.

"She isn't going to do anything." Alice was quick to contradict him.

"Hey mama." I cooed with a big smile as I rose a painful, shaky hand in the hair to wave. My eyes winced a little from the pain, everyone noticed.

"Luna, not right now." Aarluk shook his head as his lover carrying his daughter closer to me.

That was when the little girl started to cry and cry. "I'm sorry." Luna looked embarrassed and red as she quickly left the room with the sobbing little girl.

"She may not be growing as quick as the others." Carlisle said.

"But she is just as smart as they were." Edward finished.

Then his face popped into my mind and I sent it to Edward. How had he taken it? Did he still hate me? Was he mending Rosalie? He winced when he received it that was an immediate bad sign. That was when Esme came into the room with a tray of food.

"Kay, you see." She gently placed the tray on a table at my right. "We didn't know if you were going to make it." I froze both confused and shocked as hell.

"When you were hit by his impact and the sudden uproar of your emotions, you body went into some kind of shock of self-protection and preservation." Carlisle went M.D. on me.

"We couldn't hear your heart beat." Deb whispered. "Not even feel a pulse or anything on you."

"Breathing?" I asked with bouncing eyes. "I-"

"Vampires don't neeed to breathe." Alice spoke softly.

"Then how?" I asked.

"Nani." Nanuq spoke. "She somehow knew you were alive."

"We couldn't get her to leave your side," her father told me. "She would just cuddle up into your side and watch you rest. Nothing we tried could get her to leave your side."

"How long have I been out?" I whispered looking down at my hands folded over my stomach.

"One month," said Bella. "Emmett's been at your side for three weeks, his hopes high that he didn't kill you. But then he lost hope that he hadn't in fact killed you."

"Where is he now?" I could barely muster up.

"Hunting." They said at the same time.

"Emmett." I whispered so low that they would have to strain their hearing to hear. My right hand, as painful as it was, crossed to my other arm and yanked a tube out.

"Kay!" Carlisle shouted as his hand stopped mine before the entire needle could come out.

"Carlisle." I winced as some of my blood started to poor out.

"This is your only means of staying alive and stable." He grunted as he pushed the thing back in. "It must stay on. No buts."

"But-"

"Kay, you are staying here until you are better." Deb put down the law. "There is no way of getting out of this."

"We'll go find him." Nanuq proposed.

"We are???" Aarluk turned to look at his brother as though he had lost him mind.

"It's what she wants." Nanuq explained. "It's what he wants."

"Have you lost your mind?" Aarluk argued. "After all he's done to her, you are going to welcome him back with open arms like none of it ever happened?" He paused to see if it affected his brother's decision but continued when he saw it did nothing for it. "Great," he threw his arms into the air. "Let's get her heart torn up even more. Better yet, lets bring James back to life, reminisce our conceivement, and bring him back as well. Lets have one big heart breaker party!"

"Either you are in or you are not, dear brother." Nanuq spoke calmly. "I'm going whether you like it or not. Make a choice."

They stared each other down and had a private mental conversation with each other. We all kept quiet as we waited for the giant beings to come to a decision.

"Fine." Aarluk craved. "We'll be back soon."