Sequel: I Made a Deal

Not Possible by Any Means

Little Nani

"Why aren't you sleeping, Kay?" Emmett asked after an hour of my eyes closed and pretending to be asleep.

"I am asleep, what are you talking about?" I mumbled.

"Right. If you were then why did you answer my question?"

"Because," I yawned for real, "your voice is loud and booming. It awoke me."

He chuckled, his body shaking shook my head that I laid on his chest. To be honest, I couldn't sleep. Why? I couldn't pin point exactly why, just knew something was going to happen. Something big and horrible shall happened. I don't know when, but I know it's coming and coming swift towards us. Should I tell him? My eyes rose to meet his, they were warm, liquid gold. His happiness brought a smile to my face that quickly dropped as the feeling returned. I felt like I was being watched, hunted, and wanted. It pounded in my head, I was a target, a moving target.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing." I tried to smile. "Just pissed I can't sleep."

"Oh." He kissed the top of my head. "You know you can tell me anything and everything, right?"

"Yes, I know." I nodded.

I can't tell Deborah, she will probably think that I'm joking or something. I don't want to alarm the twins. I should tell Carlisle, he will know what to do. Not that I want to alarm him or anything, but I can't shake this feeling off. What the hell is happening? James is dead, so my troubles are over. Who now who shall cross my path? Who will now ruin my happiness.

"Still not asleep?"

"Not with your voice keep waking me up." I chuckled, hugging his body tighter to mine.

"Alright. I'll stop....Promise." He whispered.

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. Concentrating was hard, but I tried. My body convulsed, I could even feel it in my trance, but I kept going. I saw forest. I herd panting from many different things. I was in someone or something's mind, I could clearly see myself in their minds. But it just disappeared.

"KAY! Wake up!" Voices shouted as I was shaken.

"Fuck!" I shouted, my eyes opened up with furry. I could feel the red burning my eyeball.

"Mom! Your eyes!" The twins shouted.

"I need to get out." I shot out of bed. In a second, I was in a pair of jeans, heels, and a blouse.

"Where are you going?" Emmett jumped out of the bed.

"I can't explain." I told them. "Alice."

"Yeah?" She chirped.

"Edward."

"Yes?"

"Twins, both of you." I said.

"Huh?"

"And Carlisle." I turned to the old vamp.

"What is going on, Kay?" He asked.

"I'll explain on the way." I said as I rushed to open the door. "We have to go."

"What about me?" Emmett stood fully dressed and ready to go.

"No." I shook my head. "You need to stay here just in case."

"In case of...what?" He eyed, tilting his head.

//What's going on?// Edward spoke in my head.

//I'll explain once we get going.//

//This bad?// He looked at me seriously.

"Very." I whispered.

"Let's go." Edward rushed out of the room. "Alice, boys, Carlise, let's go."

"I'll explain later," I kissed Emmett's lips, and rushed out of the room after the others. "You need to stay. Tell Deb."

"Mom, what's the reason for this?" Nanuq asked as we ran through the trees.

"Yes Kay, tell us." Alice called from my right.

"Something's coming for me." I barely said before Nanuq and Aarluk started bombarding me with questions.

"How do you know that?" Carlisle asked.

"I've had this feeling something was coming this way. Like something bad was going to happen."

"Was that why you were convulsing?" Edward asked.

"I was in a trace," I stopped once we reached the highest peak, overlooking miles and miles in every direction. "I saw forest. I herd panting from many different things."

"So a huge herd of something is coming our way?" Alice asked.

"Yes," I turned to her, "I'm going to send what I saw into your mind. I want to see if you can see anything. Edward, " I turned to face him, "see and tell Carlisle what you see."

"What's our job?" The twins asked.

"You are going to concentrate on what I send to Alice. See if you can see anything that she can't or does see. See if you can see whose mind it was that I was in."

"Got it." They nodded, both sat on the ground and closed their eyes. "Ready."

"Ready?" I turned to the guys that nodded. "Alice, you might want to sit."

She nodded and took a seat on a large rock.

"Why up here, Kay?" Carlisle asked.

"They can probably scan easier since you can see for miles all around." I told him, nudging towards the twins.

"Shouldn't we have brought the others?" Alice asked.

"It would be more suspicious." Edward told her.

With two fingers, I pointed the thoughts and everything I herd and saw into Alice through her temple. She gasped and cringed a little as I somewhat literally shocked her. I sent her the running noises and the scenery of the forest rushing by. The loud panting noises. How the person or whatever's mind it was had my image in their mind and then something I didn't expect. It switched to little Nani....