A Day I'll Never Forget

Chapter Three

After I got home from Wal-Mart, I started to take all of the bags into the house. I would ask my mom for help, but she wasn’t back from the park yet. Once I had all the stuff inside, I started to put everything away. I grabbed my stuff that I bought and walked across the yard to my house.

When I was at my house, I put my stuff away. I looked at my living room, and thought that I should clean it up before Natasha came. Once I got the living room done, I moved onto the kitchen. It didn’t take me too long to do the kitchen; I just had to clean up my wine glasses that I used a couple days ago with my friend Keri.

Once the kitchen was done, I went to straighten up my bedroom and the bathroom. They weren’t that messy, I just had to put my clothes away and clean the shower. Once the house was clean, I walked back over to my mom’s house. She still wasn’t home. I took my cell phone out to check to see if she sent me a text or anything.

Nothing.

I went into the house and was met by my cat, Smokey. He meowed at me.

“What do you want?” I asked him.

Meow, meow, meow, was the only thing that I got out of him.

I sat on the couch and turned the TV on. There wasn’t much on, so I went to the list of all of the shows that we recorded. I had a lot of stuff to watch. I decide to watch Chuck that I recorded on Monday night.

I pressed play and tried to stay concentrated on the show, but it didn’t seem to work. My mind seemed to still be in slight shock after my run-in with Tom and Bill. As soon as I could get my mind wrapped around the show, a commercial. Great. I grabbed the remote to fast forward through it but something caught my attention.

“Want Back Stage Tickets to Tokio Hotel?!” The announce said as footage of previous concerts played on the screen. That’d be great! Natasha would freak once she found out. “Come to the Ross Park Mall on August the 5th and sign up to win!”

I jumped up in my seat, “That’s today!”

“The booth is in the food court and will be open from 11:30AM to 6:00PM. So, Hurry! Before it’s too late!” The announcer said almost mockingly.

I looked up at the clock, “I gotta get there!”

I jumped up and grabbed my keys as fast as a speeding bullet and stormed out the door. There was no time to lose and it was already 1:00. I wanted to win. As I walked towards my car, I checked over towards my mom’s house to see if she was back yet, but she wasn’t. I sent her a text saying, “Went to mall. Chance to win back stage tickets for TH. Call if you need anything.”

As I arrived at the mall, I noticed that it was pretty jam packed for a Wednesday afternoon. But I paid little attention to the amount of people there. I was on mission. I went straight to the food court and with no distractions. I spotted where the booth was located easily. There was a huge crowd of people, just waiting to get to the front. It’d be worth it though. Free back stage passes for Tokio Hotel just isn’t something I’m going to pass up; no matter how long the wait.

I took my place in line and waited… and waited… and waited. Time dragged by slowly. Luckily, they played videos of concerts to pass the time. I must’ve watched the video five or six times before getting to the front. When I reached it, there was nothing to hold my excitement back. I had a huge smile on my face and was determined to do whatever was needed to be done to win.

“Hi.” A lady who sat at the table said, “Would you like to sign up?”

“Yes, please.” I said enthusiastically.

“Fill this out,” She handed me a piece of paper and a pen, “Down there at the tables. When you’re done, give it to someone down there and they’ll give you further information.” she pointed me in the direction that I need to go and I was off.

I took a seat at the table and began to fill the sheet up with the needed information. It asked simple questions like my name, age, phone number, and address. But the most important part was the real questions. “Why do you like Tokio Hotel?”, “What’s your favorite song?”, “How did you find out about Tokio Hotel?”, and “Have you ever been to a concert?” It felt like I was getting drilled instead of signing up for a contest. At the very bottom of the page there was a space where you had to write a brief statement about why you should win. That was what counted the most. They were going to look through every one of these and decide who should win for the concert on Saturday.

After finishing, I got up and walked over to where the lady had instructed me to go. “I’m finished filling this out.” I said to the man at the table as I handed him the form.

“Okay.” He smiled, “Thanks for entering; we’ll get back to you if you win. If you want there are some special merchandise down at the other end of the table, feel free to browse.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and turned towards the merchandise, “I’ll have a look.”

Once I was at the table with the merchandise, I saw a shirt that I knew Natasha would love! I grabbed it and started to look at the other stuff that they had. I saw a few more things that I like and that I was sure that Natasha would like also. Once I was done, I went to check out.
While I was checking out, I had to ask the lady something.

“Ma’am, when will you know if you won the contest?” I asked the lady.

“If you are the winner, someone will call you around 8:30 tomorrow morning,” The lady told me.
“Ok, thank you,” I said.

“You are quite welcome dear,” She said and handed me the bad with the goodies in it.

I walked away from the booth and walked to the place that I used to work at, Peppers.

“Hey Nicole! What are you doing?” My ex-manager asked me.

“Hey Will! I’m doing ok. I just came down here to enter the contest to win backstage passes to the Tokio Hotel concert in Memphis this weekend,” I said.

“Nice. I hope you win those, after all, while you were working here, you couldn’t stop talking about them,” Will said.

“Shut up!” I said smiling “I didn’t always talk about them.”

“Nicole, I beg to differ with you,” Someone said.

I looked up to see who it was and it was, Nicole Lagrone. (A/N: No lie, while I was working at Peppers, there was three Nicole working there. I was the only white Nicole, so they always called us the Oreo when we “all” happened to work together. Ok, back to the story now)

“Nicole, I never really work with you that much at night, so how would you know? Or do you listen to everything that Will says?”

We all laughed. Everyone single one of us got along with each other. We all talked for a little bit longer.

“Well guys, I better get going. I need to get to the house and try to get some sleep. I’m picking up my friend Natasha from the airport in Memphis tomorrow,” I said.

“Ok, be safe and don’t be a stranger. Come back and talk to us every once in a while,” Will said.

“Ok, I will,” I said and hugged him and Nicole from over the counter.

I left the mall and got home really fast, but I didn’t speed, which is unlike me.

When I got home, I went inside my house and went straight to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that was Chapter Three!!
What did y’all think of it??
Bitte comment and tell me if you liked it or not.
Big props to izzee again for helping me with this chapter!