Seeming to Go Nowhere

Raindrops

Clouds were thickening up as I ran. My throat was dry and my heart was dislodging itself out of place. I was able to see the bus just outside of the gas station and a new energy coursed its way up to my heart. I stumbled to a halt to still not find my brother or anyone at the station. I fell unto the gravel and spat out expletives in between long hoarse breaths. Raindrops started to fall on my skin. I slowly got up and walked towards the bus underneath the station's roof. I sat next to its door and rested my head on my knees.

I will not cry, I will not cry

I kept repeating this to myself as I scrambled about my mind as to where else they could be. Thunder shook the ground. I never told anyone how much I detested thunderstorms after the crash since I usually had Mason to keep me safe. I felt protected when he was with me. Stupid Brendon, he took my dog. My body was trembling from an overload of emotions and the cool gust that blew the rain in my face. My cheeks were wet and sore from me wiping at them every second. So much for not crying... The doors behind me opened and I fell backwards, hitting my head on the elevated stairs.

"Ouch," I whispered, shutting my eyes as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Jules?" I heard Ben's voice.

I looked up to see him peering down at me with concern, holding the door opener in his left hand, "What are you doing down there?"

"What am I--- What do you mean what am I doing down here?!" I yelled.

I jumped up and threw my cap to the ground, "I've been worried to death! I wake up and walk downstairs to not see any of you! I ran down here, thinking y'all are working on the bus, but no! I don't see any of you!! It's raining like hell, my dog is missing, and you; you" I emphasized, waving my hands at everything and then looking back to him, "You're all I get to greet me at the end of the tunnel. Well thank you very much, Benjamin. It's nice to know that y'all care about me."

I shove my backpack off and trudged away from him and the bus to go cool off somewhere else and not around him. I heard him calling for me as the rain hit me hard. The sound of thunder muted his cries out to me; to come back to him.

"Julie!! Come back; where are you going?" I could hear him running after me.

Lightning struck a few yards in front of our faces. I screamed bloody murder. I jolted backwards, only to land into Ben's arms. I shoved to escape from his arms; to a safer place than out here in the rain. I was shivering from the terrifying thought of dying. And finally, since the day they died, I cried out in pain. Ben asked no questions, but held me closer to him, slowly moving us out of the rain.

"Shhh... it's okay," he moved his mouth closer to my ear, "I've got you, you're alright. Hey Jules, it's going to be okay. Come on... come with me on the bus. I'll explain everything."

He rubbed my back and held me closely. I felt him lean down to pick up my things and lead me into the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to go over my story. I found way too many errors and I felt the story's prologue should be its own chapter. I'm deeply sorry for being gone for so long. Life's been very odd for me.