Status: Hoping to be back!

Colours

Overflowing heart

"Can you listen to music in this place?" Hayley gave me a weird look when I asked that. I guessed that most people didn't really care about music in this place, but for me, music was the second most needed thing on my list. I would have asked for my first, but this world seemed too innocent of a place to ask somebody for weed in.

"Of course you can, you even have a stereo, see?" She pointed to big speakers hanging just above the back door.

For unknown reasons, I squealed happily and ran - basically flew - towards them. They were hooked up to a little stereo system right inside the house. I threw open the door and flew towards the system, and jammed my thumb into the power button. It came to life excruciatingly slowly, and then the disc holder opened and closed a few times. I saw a small disc in there already, and so just as quickly as I had pressed the power button, I pressed the play button. It started up about three seconds later, and the sound was so familiar. A tiny little drum part at the beginning, and then the guitars kicked in for some time. Before the voices came in, the guitar and drums quieted down a bit, making it easier to hear the voice. It talked about sweets, and hiding, and faces. It was happy, and danceable, and I couldn't help but to bop my head slightly to the beat. I giggled right before the chorus, and then started to sing along. This should have surprised me more, I could tell, but I was past the point of being surprised by everything. If somebody had come up to me right then, and told me that we had to drink blood and wear capes in this strange place, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd probably be more excited, I had always wanted to be a vampire. Although it would be a little strange for vampires to be able to live in a place where the sun never sets.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the music slowed down a bit again. I knew that my favourite part in the song would be coming soon, and I wanted to hear it. Why did I know all the words to this song? I closed my eyes, trying to figure out why these voices and this music were so familiar.

It couldn't have been something since I had gotten to this place. It must have heard it while I was alive for the first time. I hovered over the floor as if I was sitting, still with my eyes closed, and listened to the music. The music comforted me in a way that I had never been comforted in my life, from what I could remember. It filled my head and left me with no room to think about how I was stuck in this place quite possibly forever. For those moments in nonexistent time, I had no worries.

But then the music ended much too soon, and I was back to what I guess you could call reality, for lack of a better word.

I sighed quietly and opened my eyes. I looked out the window, to see if Hayley was still there, and saw that everything had become much more detailed. I could see dimensions. I could see the shadows trees were making on the lawn. I could see the small waves in the pool. I could see that Hayley's hair had more than one colour, one lighter and one darker. I knew that this was this indescribable thing that Hayley told me about. My energy level sky rocketed. This feeling of accomplishment was like being high. But to be honest, the feeling was so much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a long wait for such a short chapter.
But it's okay, because I have an epic chapter in store. Not next chapter, but possibly the chapter after that, or the one after that. It is based on a true story. Hehehe :)

Thank you to EVERYONE who commented!!! :) It made me feel proud about the lonely two chapters I had posted of this story.
6 comments for another update, :)

And so we just hold on