Status: Hoping to be back!

Colours

I just want to feel good tonight

"I don't feel anything..." I said to Tori as we walked back towards my house. She giggled and looked at me, her eyes more red than a stop sign. Red? I must have been imagining it.

"I do! I'm fucking happy. I look like a parrot, look at that!" She squealed and giggled some more. I looked ahead of us, towards two construction men fixing a patch of pavement that cracked.

"You see those guys? Up there?" I pointed and she nodded, opening her eyes wide as if she has just woken up. "They - they, they know. They know, man. They know." She erupted into laughter and nodded her head.

"They do! They're gonna come up and ask us for some, and we're gonna be all sweet and innocent, but they'll know." I giggled a bit as we walked down the street. We walked in silence for a few minutes, until we passed a patch of snow with a trail of pop spilt on it in the middle of a feild.

Tori gasped, "I did that! Look!" She stopped in front of it and pointed. I stopped beside her, and giggled some more.

"Holy fuck..." I swayed on the spot. "Am I awake? Am I talking to you right now?" I turned towards Tori and she looked at me questioningly. I looked back around me and saw we weren't in the field anymore. We were walking down another street.

"Yeah... We were talking about dragons and shit." My vision started getting blurry, and my whole body was buzzing. It was as if I was walking in a dream. Tori started talking to me again and I answered. But it wasn't me, it was just some girl named Alexa. "You're so high right now Alexa. Oh my God, and look at your eyes..." I looked into her eyes, having stopped buzzing, and started laughing.

"Your eyes are so bloodshot..." We started giggling again, still walking.

"Tori!" Some guy I had seen before, although I didn't know where from yelled. He then switched his gaze from Tori and I and back again, and started laughing. We started laughing too, the same thoughts running through all three of our minds.

"Do you have any food?" He asked her. She shook her head and then pulled out a granola bar, munching on it slowly. He shook his head. I stared at his shoes. "Where have you guys been?"

"Behind the old barn. You know, the one that was never used since there are no animals there." Tori answered simply and he nodded. Another curly haired boy walked up to us at that moment and I noticed a park bench. I slumped down in it, still staring at different things, and he sat down beside me.

"Oh, hey there guys!" He said perkily. I looked up at his face, and it started going in and out of concentration. The first thing I thought was that I was looking through a camera that's focus was all messed up. Nobody said anything until the curly haired boy sighed. "I like how it got all quiet when I got here."

Tori and I giggled, and the first guy looked at Tori with a small smirk on his face. I started staring at the curly haired boy's shoes, totally lost. Everyone was talking about something or other. I could feel myself talking but couldn't control what I was saying. My instincts were taking over, I was barely even there. My mind kept saying that soon I would wake up and that it would all just have been a dream. And then I would go back under. My body buzzed as if numbed, and everything was blurred in a mass of colour. And then I realized, a mass of colour. I could see colours. Bright, happy colours. Dark, solemn colours. Boring colours like maroon. Shocking, attention grabbing red. Every. Single. Colour. Everything took a wave of colours, red, green, yellow, blue, and orange. Almost as if it was a thermal effect on a camera, but still - it was colours! I pulled Tori down towards me, leaning in to whisper in her ear.

"Tori! Tori Tori Tori... Tori..." I drew out the 'i's each time. She nodded her head and giggled, signalling me to continue. "I can see, I can see colours Tori." She pulled away from me, her mouth agape. She took a deep breath, closed her mouth, and opened it again to talk.

"-nd so now I have one less TV in my house." My mind focused on the boy next to me, who was talking. He looked at me and smiled warmly. I smiled lazily back, and then closed my eyes, worry starting to take over. What if he could tell? My eyes must have been so red - assuming he could see the stupid colour. I opened my eyes again and lowered my gaze back down to shoes.

"You guys are so bad at hiding it." The first boy said and laughed. I looked up at him, my eyes wide as saucers. Tori pouted.

"How can you tell?" She asked. The curly haired boy just looked at us in confusion.

"Well, when I first came up laughing, you guys knew exactly what I was laughing about." We giggled a bit.

"Who's more obvious? Me or her?" I asked him, leaning forward slightly and wiggling my eyebrows.

"Definitely her. You just look like you keep zoning out." I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I am. I'm freaking out." I look down the street. A flash of the brightest hair. I blinked rapidly, looking at Tori. "Let's go, Tori. I need to walk. Bye guys!" I stood up and grabbed her hand, pulling her away. She came along, having suddenly gotten really quiet. We walked, kicking stones. She talked about something silly, something about bananas. I slurred my responses back to her.

"What are you doing here?" A boy spat at the small blonde girl as she blew smoke out of her mouth. She was standing in a deserted schoolyard, a pop can and lighter in her hand. A skinny boy with straight, dark hair hanging in front of his eyes was standing beside her, reaching into a ziplock baggie full of what looked like clumps of dried moss, in the shapes of what looked like deformed strawberries. The first boy's friends stood beside him, their expressions ones of amusement and disgust.

"What are you doing here, Caleb? Did you follow me here or something?" The girl narrowed her eyes at him, and then lifted the pop can to her mouth and the lighter to the small mound resting on top of it. She lit, inhaled, and waited many moments before exhaling right in his face. He clenched his fists and spat right on her shoes. The dark-haired boy took a step forward, looking ready to punch the first boy in the face. The blonde girl held her arm out, handing him the pop can. He shook his head and took it, lifting it to his own mouth. She lifted the lighter to it again, and he then took his turn to inhale deeply. The first boy shook his head and turned around, disappointment and anger clear in his expression. He walked, and the dark-haired boy blew smoke at his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Partie Un. I like partie deux better.

PLEASE COMMENT! EVERYONE. PLEASE. AT LEAST 6/7 COMMENTS :D

So let's not be vague, we're all a little f-f-freaked out these days