Status: Hoping to be back!

Colours

Does he care who i am?

"Alexa Turman?" A voice said behind me. I whipped around to face them. She nodded her head and smiled. "Welcome to your new place of employment. This is Dr. Boachie and Dr. Kaz's office. You will be working at the desk, just like me."

She motioned for me to come around and behind the desk. She had hair just about to her shoulders that flapped a little whenever she moved her head. She was also kind of old-looking, with a bird-like nose and glasses that perched on the bridge of it. Conservatively dressed, and a short, dead voice, she seemed to be the epitome of everything I hated back on earth.

"Thank you for finally arriving. I was getting annoyed with having to always take over for your shifts. You already know what to do." She got up and walked out the door, leaving me behind the desk with a man, facing a coffee machine. I turned to talk to him, and almost choked.

A shock of brilliant, white-blond hair.
A tall, thin body, clothed in jeans and a t-shirt.

Was this the boy that had been haunting my thoughts forever? I swallowed the spit that had been building up in my mouth. The man turned around.

I breathed out.

"Hello," he said cheerily. "I'm Dr. Blake Kaz. I suppose you're Alexa, the girl that was long overdue to get here." He extended his hand for me to shake, and I took it, nodding my head. He smiled and turned away.

"I have to go, patients to get to, you know? Have a good first day." He walked away and I scurried over to the desk, sitting down. There were three people waiting, sitting on the plush blue and black chairs of the waiting room. Some of them were reading magazines or books, or watching the little television that hung on the wall. I stared at the computer screen in front of me. It had a schedule, colour coded of who was coming when for what and if they had checked in already or not. As confusing as it looked, though, it somehow all made sense to me.

The bell above the door jingled and a young girl walked in with an older lady.

"Hi, Sienna Retla, she's just checking in for a check-up." The lady smiled at me and I nodded my head, clicking the computer mouse over the girl's name.

"Alright, thank you." I said once I had finished checking her in. The waiting room had emptied out just before the two had gotten here. They went and sat, the lady changing the TV channel to cartoons for the little girl. I scratched my head and just sat there, staring at nothing. What else was there to do?

Throughout my shift people checked in and checked out. Doctors introduced themselves to me, and I met regular patients. I didn't say much. I just did my job, and adjusted to doing nothing - which really wasn't any different than what I had been doing before; it was just, now there were people around me. And I wasn't in my dark bathroom.

Eventually, another bird-like lady came in and told me I was free to go. I got up and shook her hand in thanks, and then left the office. As soon as I stepped out the door, I knew I was lost. I was standing in the middle of a little plaza, which was in the middle of a little residential area I had never been in before. I sighed and passed a sushi bar, a coffee shop, a restaurant, a book store. I approached a bench where a boy was sitting, his hood up, covering his hair and shading his face. He had his face buried in a book. I cleared my throat, and he didn't look up.

"Excuse me," I said politely, still receiving no response. I waited.

"Hello?" I said again. He grunted, still not looking up. "Hi, uh, can you help me? I need to get to 108 Delyan crescent." He shook his head and I scoffed, marching away. What a dick.

I eventually spotted my neighbourhood from the top of a hill, after a long time of wandering aimlessly in the bright light of the sun. It was strange for no one to have been around. The streets had been nearly deserted, give or take a few cargo trucks driven by wrinkly men who would wink at me and shoot me gaping smiles.

It turned out that my house was only a short, scenic walk away from the office. I crossed over a little river on a small wooden bridge. There were flowers everywhere, vines creeping up what must have been thousand year old trees. I could only see the yellow flowers, though. Gold, butter, sandy, or honey coloured flowers. The rest were just shades. I knew that this garden-esque park would be much more beautiful could I see more colours. I stopped walking and laid on a bench, curling my knees up to my chest. I shut my eyes and just stayed there, resting, for what must have been a long time.

When I finally decided to open my eyes, all I saw was white, like a camera flash right in front of your eyes. It faded slowly, into black. I shook my head, closing my eyes again for a moment, then opening them again. The garden-park was back, and so were the blue water and flowers.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW.
It has been quite awhile, hasn't it?
I have some ideas. Let's hope I don't forget them.
It's really starting to develop, though. Trust me. I don't know if you can see, but it is.
10 comments? :)
Even if I have an update written ahead of time (for once!), I will not post it unless I have 10.

Black dove undercover with another puzzle piece