Better Than Me

You Deserve Much Better Than Me

I sat in a seat in the waiting area of the emergency room. I buried my face in my hands trying to figure out all the possibilites of what could happen to her. Why is it taking so damn long to tell me what's going on? i felt a tear slip down my cheek when I heard my name being called.

"Zachary Baker"

I quickly lifted my head and stood up "Yes"

"My name is Dr. Neilson, and your fiancé is stable, she's being well looked after at the moment. We did everything we could to get the drugs out of her system and I am confident that she will make a good recovery, however there is a small possibility of brain damage because of the large amounts of drugs in her system. We won't know for sure until she wakes up, but until then, you are free to go see her"

"Where is she?"

"I'll bring you to the room"

I nodded, he turned around and started walking down the hall. As I followed him, I heard people crying and heart moniters going off. I looked to my left and saw a woman crying and reaching out to a man that was lying on the hospital bed. There was two men holding her back and one of them connected their eyes with me. I shut my eyes and turned my head.

That won't happen to her.

The doctor stopped and looked at me "You can go in"

I nodded in response and he turned his back to me and walked away. Taking a deep breath, I slowly opened the door and entered the room. My eyes scanned the room and then fell on her. I walked to the chair next to her bed and sat down. The room was quiet except for the heart moniters going off. I ran my hand softly against her deadly pale face and then looked at her purple-blue lips that were once red. I then placed her hand into mine and thats when I felt the tears buring my eyes once again.

"I'm so sorry, you derserve much better then me, but I can't let you go"

Two weeks earlier.

"Baby, wake up we're going to be late"

I rubbed, opened my eyes and turned over to the opposite side and looked at her "It's 11 O'clock in the morning babe, what time does that thing start?"

She stopped what she was doing and placed her hands on her hips and locked eyes with me "That thing is my parents' aniversary party and it starts at 1" she sighed and then turned around "I'm glad to see how much you care" she mumbled under her breathe.

I got off the bed and hugged her from behind "Yes Kim, I do care" I then kissed her neck. She turned around to face me and smiled.

"I'm sorry, lets start getting ready"

"Ok, but before anything" I smirked and picked her up and placed her on the bed gently "first things first" and climbed on top of her.

"Now what would that be?" she smiled innocently.

I kissed her again "I think you know"

She placed her arms loosly around my neck "We cant baby, not now"

"Why not?" I frowned.

"We have alot of stuff to do and-"

I quickly kissed her on the lips passionatly. I pulled away and studied her face, she was beautiful. Her brown eyes sparkled with happiness and her long brown hair fell in the perfect places.

"Please?" I begged.

She laughed and then smirked "Yeah, what the hell"