Status: a restart that will take some time

Exchanged Romance

CH 1- Welcome to the US of A

“Okay, okay, okay! Everyone shush! I would like to make a final toast!” The drunken words stumbled out of my mates mouth. I laughed as he held up his half empty beer, as my friends and family jumbled around him, with bottles, and glasses in their hands. Adam turned to me with his dopey smile, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. 
 “I would like to say to lovely Ben here, how bloody proud we are-”

“And jealous!” yelled Jess from the back. I laughed.

“Yes, how proud and jealous we are that you’re leaving us all behind for six months to bugger off to America”, laughing I try to shrug him off, “Nah, mate I’m serious! We just want you to know that we all hope you have a great time; but not too much! We don’t want you moving there” Adam pointed a threatening finger at me, and squinted his eyes jokingly. “Now just so you won’t feel home sick, we packed you an Emergency Aussie Kit, full of all the necessities to keep you sane while you’re there” I laughed as Adam pulled out an old fist aid kit that had been graffitied on by signatures, and Australian flag stickers.
"Inside you’ll find, a small jar of Vegemite, a packet of Shapes, two TimTams - sorry mate, they’re most likely melted - a USB full of photos of all of us, and along with the pictures there’s the first installment, and what you Ben consider to be the only Mad Max movie to watch. Have a great trip mate, we’re gonna miss ya”

“Thanks mate” I gave Adam a side hug, as everyone clapped. The music started up again, the going away party back in full swing. Looking at all my friends and my family, I realised how much I was going to miss home.

Passport in hand, I stood in front of the security with my eyes half closed. I had barely slept the entire flight, and now thanks to my mates “Emergency Aussie Kit”, I was now facing the customs guys as they riffled through my bag and kit.

“Sir, have you declared all of these items?” His thick American accent shocked me more than the fact he just called me ‘sir’.

“Uh, yeah-nah, none of it’s been open either”, I handed my customs declare slip, “it’s just a joke going away gift from my mates and family” The American looked at me, then back at the Emergency Aussie Kit. Looking back at me I tried to give my friendliest smile I could muster. 

“Well sir, all of this seems to be in order”, he handed me back my customs slip, “enjoy your stay in America”
 I shut the Emergency Kit, and stuffed it in my bag. “Yeah man, I will, have a good one”

With my duffle bag over my shoulder I hunted down for the 'Huntsman College Exchange' sign that I was told should be by the door B exit. Following the signs I finally saw the words I was looking for. 

“Hey mate, just double checking; this is the Huntsman College Exchange meeting place?”

“Why, yes it is” The guy smiled at me, he looked about Twenty-Five, same height as me with red hair that looked like a mane around his face. “I’m Charlie, man, I'll be one of your Exchange Advisors, it’s nice to meet you; and you are?”

“Oh uh, Benjamin Mann” Charlie looked down at his clip board, he must of spot my name because he looked up, smiled and shook my hand. 

“Hey Ben, can I call you Ben?”

“Yeah, Ben’s fine”

“Cool man, hey Ben can I just have a look at some ID, you know, just so I know it’s definitely you”

“Yeah-nah man, of course” I pulled out my passport for what felt like the hundredth time. Charlie took a quick look and smiled.

“Great! Well you’re the first to show up, we should have two more Australians and four more Europeans coming today, so take a seat, they should be no more than thirty minutes”

“Cool mate” Chucking my duffle bag down I sat sat on the closet seat. Pulling out my phone I turned it on and logged on to Facebook.

Landed in the US of A :)

♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I've started this story again from scratch. I started the story when I was fifteen. I'm eighteen now, so my style, and ideas have changed. I hope all previous readers will be happy to take a new journey with some old and new characters.