Status: I've been hard at work! Tell me what you think!!!

Long Forgotten Faces

Chapter 4

The next morning I was woken up by a loud crack of thunder, I jumped up and ended up falling off of my bed and hitting the hard wood floor with a thud. “Owe!” I said rubbing my bum. I slowly stood up and pulled on my robe. I walked out of my room and into the kitchen, I turned on my iPod that was hooked up into the iDock and put on the old Jazz playlist. I started making breakfast and singing along. When I finished making breakfast, still singing along to the music, I turned around to put the plate on the counter, when I noticed Emmett standing by the counter. I jumped again and exclaimed “Holy crackers batman! Don’t sneak up on me like that!”
He didn’t say anything he just stood there, staring at me, it was beginning to worry me, he wasn’t moving at all, he was literally frozen in place, I set the plate down and slowly walked towards him “Emmett are you alright?”
When I reached him he suddenly looked down at me in a blinding fast motion his eyes widened. Before he or I could speak there was a small pixxi like girl standing next to him. I recognized her from the photos, she growled at me. “What did you do to him?”
I was frozen in fear, she moved suddenly again but before she could do anything Emmett yelled “No, Alice.”
Next thing I know he’s in front of me crouched down with his arms spread out as if to protect me. Then there were six other vampires standing watching from the side. I was so scared, I didn’t know what was going on, all I knew was that Emmett seemed to feel the need to protect me and that scared me. He’s only one person he can’t fight them all. Though I was trying as hard as I could not to, a small whimper escaped my lips.
Emmett turned to me with a pained expression; he slowly reached out and cupped my cheek in his cold hand making me look at him in the eye. Without looking from me he spoke to the girl, Alice, “She didn’t do anything to hurt me Alice; I don’t even think she realized what she was doing. She’s only human Alice you can’t hurt her.” He turned to look at her and the rest of his family “Please don’t hurt her.” He said with a small hint of pleading.
Alice stood up straight so quickly I didn’t even see her move, “I could hardly see you, Edward couldn’t hear you, it was like you mind was completely blank, like you were gone. What happened?”
His lips twitched into a smile as he shrugged “I don’t know exactly, I was just completely relaxed, I was listening to her sing and I just got real calm, I felt completely at ease like I could let go of all of my senses and just be. I felt almost human again.” He turned to me and said “Start singing again.”
I shook my head vehemently “No.” I stated in a whisper, my voice having not fully returned yet.
He looked at me with pleading eyes, “Please, for me?”
I couldn’t help it I caved, sighing “Fine.” I listened to the song playing on my iPod; it was “Moon dance” by: Michael Bublé. I looked at all of their faces as I was singing and they all got this peaceful smile on their faces. I stopped singing and then all looked at me still smiling.

The bronze haired boy chuckled “A true muse, she certainly has a gift.”
“This is potentially dangerous for her though, if Aro or the others find out about her, what she can do and that she knows about us. They are going to do the same thing they did with me.” The beautiful dark haired girl said.
Emmett sighed a very depressed sounding sigh and turned to look at me with a look of anguish, sheer utter torment.
The bronze haired boy spoke up again this time his voice sounded much the way Emmett looked, “He can’t leave her; she is to him what you are to me Bella. I remember how it was in the beginning, he feels that way now. As dose she, she feels much the way you felt towards me, when you were still human.”
“Oh... ok then scratch the potentially it is dangerous…….We are gonna have to go through the whole cycle again aren’t we? Ah…at least he’s found someone and won’t be all sulky anymore.”
Emmett turned to glare at them, “We are standing right here, we can hear you!” he chided.
I was finally calm again, and now I wanted to know what’s going on, “Ok, what the heck is going on I’m so freaking confused it isn’t funny.”
The blonde man chuckled and said “Well first off we should probably introduce ourselves, I’m Carlisle, this is my wife Esme, Edward and Bella,” he said pointing to the bronze haired boy and the dark haired girl, “their daughter Reneesme,” the teenage girl standing next to Bella and Edward waved slightly, “Alice and Jasper,” he pointed to the pixxi attacker and the blonde boy next to her. “And you already know Emmett, we are the Cullen’s. As to the situation, I think Bella and Edward should explain that to you.”
I nodded and said “Alright.”
Bella held her hand out for me, “Come on Selena, we’ll go to our room and we can explain things there.”
I looked up at Emmett, wondering if it was alright for me to go with Bella and Edward. Emmett nodded and gently pushed me towards Bella’s outstretched hand.
I was hesitant but I grabbed her cold stone hand and she smiled at me as she and Edward lead me up stairs.
I was lead into their bedroom where I sat down on the bed next to Bella as Edward turned to the old CD player and put in a quiet classical piano CD. He turned it down so that it was just background noise as he came and sat down next to Bella as well.
“We’ll start from the beginning,” Bella began the story, “I moved here to forks when I was sixteen, I met Edward at school, at first our relationship was very hostile, he kept as far away from me as possible, then once he’d made up his mind that he wasn’t going to give in to his hunger, we started talking and getting closer. It took two years of near death experiences by vampires to get him to agree to change me. Of course he was going to have to change me after we made an agreement with the Volturi, he told them, or more Alice showed them I was going to be a vampire one day. There are rules against humans knowing what we are; they are punished by death if they have knowledge about vampires. I intrigued Aro because I was not effected by any of their mental gifts. I was a mental shield even as a human. Much like you, you can effect us on a small scale. Anyways, Edward told me he wouldn’t change me unless we were married, he didn’t want me loosing out on any human experiences, we got married and went on our honeymoon, where I ended up getting pregnant with Reneesme, she’s part human part vampire. Giving birth to her would have killed me if Edward hadn’t bitten me and injected his venom into my heart. We’ve been together since then. You will end up meeting Jacob to, he and Reneesme are married, he’s a werewolf, but not it the full moon violent sense, we’ll introduce you in a bit.”
It was a lot of information to take in realizing that Emmett felt towards me that strongly. There were a million and one thoughts going through my head at once, not that unusual for me but they were going in all different directions.
Edward was looking at me now with curious eyes “Are you alright Selena?”
I shook my head to clear it and spoke, “Yes, I’m fine and everyone is standing outside the door listening.”
The door opened as soon as I finished my sentence, “How did you know we were out there?” Alice asked looking at me with interest.
I shrugged and said “I don’t know I just did, I’ve always been able to do things like that or know who was calling or if a certain song was going to come on the radio. Is that weird?” I asked worriedly.
Carlisle shook his head and said in awe “No, but I’ve never met someone even a vampire with more then one gift, you are certainly something special, I wonder………” He trailed off in thought, and I was left wondering what he could be thinking about.
Edward chuckled and said “I’ve never heard anyone like her, she thinks like we do, or somewhat like we do. Selena what was your grade point average in school?”
I shrugged and said “4.5 but I went to collage when I was around 10; I’ve been out of school for a while. I have a doctorate in medicine and psychology. I also went to school for car mechanics and I have my bachelors’ degree in music.”
“Wow, do you work at the hospital?” Carlisle asked.
I shook my head and said “No, not really, some times I will go and just help out at the clinic but for the most part I do private practice. I’ve been using your office I hope you don’t mind.”
Carlisle smiled and said “Of course I don’t mind this is your house Selena.”
I shook my head and said “It was your house before it was mine, which reminds me what did you guys think about moving back in, and would it be a huge inconvenience if I stayed as well?”
Esme giggled softly and said “We would love to move back in and as Carlisle said it is your home to so you are more then welcome, plus I like having Emmett around, I have a feeling if you moved he would hardly ever be here.”
I chuckled and looked at Emmett smiling as he smiled back, its amazing how quick one can fall in love, and I was undeniably falling in love with Emmett.
Emmett came to stand in front of me putting his hand out for me to grab, which I did with out a second thought. “Yes?” I asked.
He chuckled and said “I want to show you something, I’m taking a guess here but I don’t think you’ve ever been in the garage.”
I thought about it for a second and laughed “You’re right I haven’t, that’s odd I used to live in the garage at my old house, I wonder how I missed it.”