She Screams in Her Pillow for a Better Tomorrow. Sing Me a Lullaby

Chapter fourteen

Five hours of labor, but she was finally here. Little Melody Grace. Nick was holding her and smiling like a fool. He didn’t care that she wasn’t his. He’d treat her like she was.
“She’s beautiful.” Joe spoke, standing over my shoulder.
I giggled a little at the expression on Nick’s face when she started to cry.
“Lemme have her.” I whispered.
He placed her in my arms an all I could do was smile.
“Shh. Its ok, Melody. Mommy’s here.”
The day went by fairly quickly after that, and before I knew it the Jonas family was saying goodbye. My parents offered for Nick to stay with us at the hospital that night to make me feel more comfortable, and it worked.

“Baby, you ok?” He asked.
“I cant sleep. What time is it?”
“11:30” he replied.
I turned over and saw my parents were sound asleep.
“Do you need anything?”
He’s so caring.
“A cup of crushed ice would be nice.”
“I think the cafeteria is still open downstairs. I’ll be right back.” He smiled and quietly closed the door behind him.

A few minutes later I heard the door knob.
“Nick? Wow that was fast.” I whispered.
The door latched closed and he was silent.
“You there?” I asked.
-Nothing-
“Nick?”
-Silence-
He stepped into the light and it took my breath away.
“Why are you here?” I growled.
“What you’re not happy to see me?” HE asked in a sinister voice.
“How did you find me?” My voice grew louder.
“It wasn’t hard. You’re the only room with cameras outside waiting to get pictures of you.”
“You didn’t…”
“I might have.”
My fists tightened on the blanket in my lap.
“Jason, you better not have.” I threatened.
“Shh. You don’t want to wake your parents up, now do you?”
He stepped closer to by bed.
“Stay there and you wont give me a reason to.” I retorted.
“You really should know by now that I like challenges.”
I rolled my eyes and grabbed the tv remote by my bed.
“What do you want?” I snapped.
“Just a kiss. Well that and my daughter.”
“Oh so now that I had her you want to claim her?”
He laughed a little.
“We both know you liked what happened in the park that night.” He spoke in a deep voice. By now he was at the foot of my bed.
“No, you and I both know that you raped me that night.”
I never had the guts to stand up to him like this before, but when it came to Melody, I had no fear.
“Rape? You can’t rape what’s willing.” He chuckled slightly.
“Here.” I spoke, tossing him a dictionary.
“What’s this for?”
“Why don’t you look up the definition of willing.”
He tossed the book in the chair and turned back to me.
“Well how about this.” He paused and leaned over me.
“I’ll make you willing.”

In one swift movement I pulled my arm back and hit him in the head with the remote. It took him by surprise and made him back off, but not for long. He jumped up and pinned my arms down, ripping my IV out in the process.

“Daddy!” I yelled.
At that second Nick walked back in the room.
“Skyee!” He screamed.
In the time it takes to blink an eye, Nick was on his back, pulling him away. My dad jumped up from the couch and pinned Jason to the ground.
“Don’t you EVER come near my daughter or granddaughter again! Do you understand me!?” He yelled, refusing to let go.
“I’ll go get help.” Mom spoke, running to the door.
“Skyee, are you ok?” Dad asked, looking up at me.
“Yeah, I think.”

All the paparazzi were knocking on the door and begging to come in. Apparently they heard all the yelling, and knew something was wrong. Mom came back a few minutes later with a police officer and a nurse. Apparently she realized what happened with my IV.
“That’s him officer.” Mom spoke, pointing to Jason.
The officer walked over, stood him up and read him his rights as he walked him out the door in handcuffs. The officer guaranteed me that he wouldn’t bother me again.

Nick walked over to my bed.
“Im sorry.” He spoke handing me the empty cup.
“Its ok.” I replied examining his hand.
“How hard did you hit him?!” I exclaimed when I saw the blood on his knuckles.
“Enough to bust his lip.” Nick replied laughing a little.
Jason was twice his size and Nick made him bleed. I couldn’t help but giggle. He really is my hero.

-A Month Later-
“Skyee, if you don’t hurry up you’re going to be late!” Mom yelled from the kitchen.
Ever since I got home from the hospital, she’s been helping me get adjusted to the ‘mom life’.

*DING DONG!*
It was Big Rob. Today I was going to be on the Ellen DeGenerous show to clear everything up.
“Skyee, you ready to go? Nick’s waiting for you in the car.” he asked.
“Yeah, I’m coming.” I replied.
I kissed my mom, and Melody, and was out the door.

We arrived at the studio and it was packed.
“You ready?” Nick asked.
I nodded my head.
“As long as I’m with you, I’ll be ready for anything.”

“And now, please welcome our next guest Skyee Johnson!” Ellen announced, motioning for the audience to applaud.
I walked out slowly and left Nick backstage. Drawing a deep breath, I sat down in the bright red chair.
“So tell us, what’s the story behind this beautiful little girl.”
She spoke pointing to the picture on the TV behind me.
I inhaled deeply.
“Well, here’s the story. Her name is Melody, and she is not Nick’s.”
“Well if she’s not his, then who’s the father?” Ellen asked.
“My ex boyfriend is actually responsible. He raped me, and I ended up with Melody.”
Ellen seemed shocked.
“But I am doing so much better. The Jonas family and my family have been very supportive, and helped me through all of this.”
I turned around and looked at Nick.
He simply smiled.
He really was my hero, and as long as I’m with him, I’ll always have enough strength to face tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end.
like??