Sequel: Searching For a Soul

Demons and Dark Doors

Omens

A bump. Merely a bump. It woke me from the deep sleep that had washed over me during the night’s dark hours. At first, I disregarded it as kicking myself in my sleep. Maybe I was having a violent dream of some kind. I never remember my dreams. Until it happened again. This time it wasn’t a slight jolt in the night. This time it was more of a seizure. It shook my bed with such vigor that it threw me from underneath the covers. The floor was a cold welcoming to my former warmth. The wooden bed frame met my head with a loud crack. Little lights danced around my head as I stood up. The lights blinked faster and more strongly when I reached my full height but I ignored them. There was something of bigger interest at hand.
The bed had stopped convulsing and had traveled across the room. It seemed like no one had heard it moving, which is weird. My parents can hear me whispering with my brother in the basement from their room upstairs. Nothing gets past them. They can even break my girlfriends and mine cryptic forms of English. There was no way they hadn’t heard this!
I crept out of my room and ninja-ed across the hall. The bathroom door was ajar and waiting. I strode past it, not bothering to peek inside, not bothering to glance at a figure looming in the dark. My parent’s room was just down the corridor and to the left. Their door was open. That was yet another thing that was off tonight.
‘Mom? Dad?’ I called out softly. There was no answer. Big deal. They’re probably asleep. I pushed the door into the dark room and groped for the light switch. I swear, they change this room around just before I go in, just so I can’t find anything. I finally found it and flicked the switch. There was no way I could’ve ever been prepared for what lay in the shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but his was for a English assignment and we were only allowed to write three pages tops.