Sequel: Searching For a Soul

Demons and Dark Doors

Into the Dark

‘So what do I have to do with this ceremony? You’ve already killed 5 of my family.’

‘That’s true, but your dog was just a snack for my pet here. You are going to be the fifth.’ Death whispered in that hypnotic voice. I had already guessed he was going to say that.

I had a plan to get out of this though.
‘I offer you my soul.’ I cried out, startling Death with both my outburst and my words. He paused in his slow advance. He seemed to be thinking it over. He nodded.

‘Seems like a good deal. It’s for your life I presume?’ I nodded. He reached out to me and grasped my throat. It seemed like he was going to choke me but then I felt something happening inside my body. I felt a substance escape my throat, it felt like breath.

As soon as the breath-like essence left my body, Death let go of me. I nodded, thinking I was going to get out of this clean.

Definitely not going to happen.

Death struck out suddenly and I felt rather cold enter my chest. I looked down to see one of his hands sticking out between my ribs. I looked into the face of my murderer and choked on my own blood.

The last thing I know was him saying:

‘I still need that sacrifice. You will live after this, only it won’t be in this world. It will be in my world. You will live with me, in Hell.’

I cried out one last time before slipping into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is what I'm handing into the teacher. Comment if you think I should continue with Chase and I'll write a sequel.