Status: On Hiatus For Now...I'll Get Back To It Soon

Haunting Visions

Tormont

The raven haired beauty walked in front of the camera and spoke slowly, "we're not your typical ghost hunters." She sat down at a large round oak table in the middle of a dimly lit room.

A well built boy with, his caramel colored hair formed into a slight mohawk, walked in front of the camera after her. "We are your every day teens, with one minor difference." He too sat down at the table across from the raven haired girl.

A girl with long pin straight bleach blond hair leaned against the wall just to their right and looked into the camera. "We're supernatural."

Another girl, this one with multicolored hair, walked up behind the boy with caramel colored hair and placed her hands on the back of his chair. "We use what we were given to help the living cope with the dead and the dead deal with their past."

Another boy, this one with longer yet choppy black hair walked into the camera's view and dropped down onto one knee in front of the table so that they entire group of kids were now in front of the camera. "It's our job to hunt them down, and help them out."

The raven haired girl rested her elbows on the sturdy table. "We're not a hoax."

"We're not fakes." The caramel haired boy sat up straight.

"We're not looking for attention." The bleach blond slipped her hands into her front jeans pockets before approaching the raven haired girl from behind.

The girl with the multi colored hair turned slightly and leaned her hip against the back of the chair she was previously leaning on. "We're helping real people, with real problems."

The black haired boy lifted his head and locked eyes with the camera. "We're the Tormont Ghost Hunters."

"Cut! That's great guys!" The man behind the main camera stood up straight and smiled.

Suddenly the room became a buzz of activity. The five young actors stood up and became surrounded by hair stylists and make-up artists. Camera men moved cameras and changed light fixtures. While wardrobe crews straightened items of clothing the talent wore.

The five teens, while not blood related, couldn't be any closer after dealing with the trials and tribulations of growing up in the small sleepy superstitious town of Tormont, Montana.

The town, nestled in the rolling hills, of an otherwise flat plain sported a population of just two thousand and survived mostly on tourism. Known for it's many haunted locations, and superstitious town folk, it always made for an interesting stop on any road trip.

For most kids growing up there however, it was hell. A place, so far away from reality it often required a monthly trip to the city over a couple hours away to regain some normalcy.

But that was life for most kids. The five that stood near one another now, quite enjoyed their small town. And with their own TV show, they became the talk of the town. The only thing to happen in Tormont since old man Tormont died and left his estate to his girlfriend, and not his wife.

He, Mr. Blake Tormont, was the founder of the town. It all started hundreds of years ago with a logging business that drew many families from all over the state to work and live. Eventually, as the land cleared, more houses were built. Then came the stores, and schools. Over the years it grew, couple by couple, kid by kid. It became a town, where everyone knew everyone. And that glue, is what kept them together when things began happening.

It started with Mr. Tormont's untimely death. A wealthy young man, he was the epitomy of happiness and healthiness. Or so everyone had thought. Over night he'd come down a serious illness. Within the next few days, he was dead. But not before he was able to write somewhat of a will. A will his wife was horrified to read for it wasn't her to inherit his millions, but his mistress. Kathrine Englewood.

Kat, was well known amongst the men in town. A young girl with a pitch black mane and an hour glass shaped body. She worked at the small town saloon at nights and as a school teacher during the day. While most women could look past her job as a waitress of sorts, they didn't enjoy her schooling their children.

A few days after Mr. Tormont's death, and her inheritance, Kat had a new schoolhouse built and claimed to quit working in the saloon. But it was a few nosy town wives lead by the scorned widow of Mr. Tormont who began to spy on her, catching her in comprimising positions with other women's husbands. To teach her a lesson, they broke into the new school house to burn it down. But not before obtaining some interesting literature.

That literature was studied by the priest of a small congregation down the street from the school. That proved to be fatal for Kat, for her reading material, deemed her a witch.

And witches, were to be burned at the stake.

No one found more appreciation in this than Mr. Tormont's widow. Little did she know, that while Kat claimed innocence, it was her death that got the ball rolling on the happenings within the town. Houses caught fire unexpectedly, people suddenly fell ill, livestock escaped, and children began 'seeing' things.

Saving the town, hadn't turned out the way Mr. Tormont's widow imagined it would. And little did she know, the town would change only slightly over the years. Becoming only slightly more civil as the years went on, but never loosing it's abilities to create a stir a paranormal activities.

"How many more takes is this going to require?" The raven haired girl crossed her arms over her chest.

"Not many, Keely." The director huffed with impatience as he moved back behind the camera lense.

Keely Tormont was a descendent of Mr. Blake Tormont himself. She had his attitude, and presence. She commanded the room's attention, and always got it. Her silky layered black hair was nearly always pulled back into a loose pony tail while shorter whispy bangs framed the front of her face. Her fingernails, as well as her toenails were always polished by professionals and she favored designer lines and high end stores as opposed to cheaper retail outlets. But, while seeming unbearably high maintenance, she was unbelieveably balanced.

Some would argue that her balanced nature, came in the form of Diesel Englewood, a descendant of Kat Englewood herself. The boy with caramel colored hair had it in bad for Keely, and it became a form of entertainment to the rest of the group. Two families, destined to never get along, suddenly united in the most forbidden way. His model good looks, well sculpted body, and surprisingly gentle nature made him the ideal mate for her. And for the most part, everyone in the town seemed to agree.

"Thank god. We can actually be outta here in time before the restaurant closes." Honey Freeman muttered. The slender and dainty long haired bleach blonde was more of a tom boy than the other girls. A descendent of the town's banker many years ago, she was very much a people person and her casual attire only made her that much more approachable. She was like everyone's best friend.

"I agree. Everyone up for dinner afterwards?" Gage Carter asked. He tossed his head to the side slightly, getting his black hair out of his eyes without using his hands. He looked like the rockstar type. An avid guitar player who sported snake bites and gauges, a sleeve and chest tattoos, he didn't like any ghost hunter anyone had ever seen. His piercing blue eyes were the window to his soul, and made most girls fall in love instantly. More often than not, he used that to his advantage but he had an incredibly big heart and a soft spot for animals. Especially horses. He blamed that on being a descendent of the town's blacksmith.

"Dude, I am with you all the way." The last girl rounding out the group was Lyric Mansfield. Her perfectly blond hair, highlighted with black and electric purple streaks was always left down. Allowed to feel the elements, her hair went curly, otherwise, it was always well attacked with a hair straightener. She chose a girly twist on skater clothes for her look. Skinny jeans often paired with heels, band tees and jewelry. She was also the most eccentric, and outgoing. She blamed that on her family roots, which dated back to the man who owned the saloon in town many years ago who was also well known for his antics.

All in all, they looked like your every day teens. But living in this town, made them anything but ordinary.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new story. It's kind of different I know but let me know what you think. It'd be greatly appreciated.
<333